wolfgang hasselmann TwLGzTFFFio unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
wolfgang hasselmann TwLGzTFFFio unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Six Reasons To Study Abroad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

So maybe you have never thought about studying abroad, or maybe you’re not sure about being so far away from home. Well we have six reasons why you should totally go for it.

1. The Boys!!!

It doesn’t matter where in the world you go, it’s a fact of life that boys in other countries have really hot accents and are super attractive. (I mean have you seen Ryan Gosling lately)

2. The food!

Who doesn’t love good food? Imagine having real Italian Spaghetti, authentic Chinese Stir-Fry, or Sushi in Japan! Of course if you don’t love all of the amazing foreign food, almost every country in the world has a McDonalds.

3. Friends

How cool would it be to have friends from places like India, Russia, China, and England? Sure you could have a pen-pal, but its so much cooler to be able to talk about your best friend who lives in Greece!

4. The Experience

Lets be real; how many opportunities are you ever going to have to go to a foreign country and get class credit for it? If you get scholarships then there is a good chance you could live it up in a foreign country for a semester for free! You’ll never be able to say that after you graduate.

5. Fun

(Credit to NARZ for above picture)

Everyone likes to have fun, and in most European countries fun doesn’t require an ID proving that you’re 21. If you want to go to a club or get a drink you only have to be 18. Who in college isn’t at least 18?

6. Oktoberfest

Speaking of drinking, If you study in the UK and some parts of Europe in the fall semester, you’ll get to experience Oktoberfest; a week long party for pretty much the entire country!

7.Resume

Studying abroad looks great on a resume. If you actually do the little thing called school work while you are there and you get pretty decent grades, it can really help give you the boost on your resume that sets you apart from others.

So what are you waiting for? Go study abroad and make us all jealous with your stories about friends, fun, and hot guys!

Picture sources

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/b5/d7/22/b5d722c9cbefab6db22fd…

https://www.pinterest.com/dormify/study-abroad/

all pictures not sourced here were obtained from the her campus photo gallery

Sydney Sharpstene is a freshman at App State. She is a Secondary English Education Major and plans to be a high school english teacher when she graduates. Sydney is from Greensboro NC and likes to swim, slack line and sing in her free time.