‘Single Soon’: Selena Gomez’s Hot Girl Anthem

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

If you are looking for a feel-good girl anthem or new music from Selena Gomez, then look no further than her latest single, “Single Soon.”

“Single Soon” came at a time when summer was winding down and fall started creeping in. Most refer to fall as “cuffing season,” and with Selena’s new song, there won’t be any need for that. 

The song is upbeat, poppy, and starts with a message from Gracie, Selena’s younger sister. Gracie tells her older sister, “Never worry about boyfriends. At. All.” Wise words from a young girl.

Essentially, the song is about, yes, being single, but also not worrying about being in a relationship or stressing about it if it doesn’t work out. When it comes to relationships, it is important to never settle and it is okay if you are still figuring out what you want. It’s a good reminder as well that there is no timeline as to when certain life events are “supposed” to take place.

With that, “Single Soon” is also about having fun! No matter what happens, you deserve to feel good, make time for yourself, and of course, be with your girls! Being with friends and experiencing new things can be more important than being in or focusing on a relationship. 

Selena Gomez reminds us not to settle and live in the moment with the line: “I know I’m a little high maintenance, but I’m worth a try…We both had a lot of fun, time to find another one. Blame it on feeling young”. 

Whether you are in a relationship or not, “Single Soon” is a great reminder to put yourself first. 

Sophia Alayna

App State '24

Sophia is a Senior at Appalachian State University. She is pursuing a degree in English Creative Writing and Gender, Women's, & Sexualities studies! Sophia enjoys writing, getting in her feels, and creating/maintaining connections with loved ones.