This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Second semester kicks off and you want to make it even better than fall semester. How exactly will you do that? Avoid the rut of doing the same things every weekend and build a second semester bucket list. Here are a few things you can add to your list:

Skiing/Snowboarding/Snow Tubing. January through March is prime skiing season. Take advantage of our beautiful mountains and go skiing, snowboarding, or snow tubing! Even if you have never tried any of these before, break the norm and do something out of your comfort zone. Isn’t that what a bucket list is for anyway?

Day Trip. Although Boone is amazing and there are so many activities to do throughout the year, it is always good to see a change of scenery and take a day trip somewhere. Sometimes living in the mountains we forget how close Tennessee is and all the adventures in the next state over. Take a Saturday day trip and see what is just a few miles out of Boone!

New Drink. Break the norm of getting the same old drink at the coffee shop and trying something new this semester. If you are a coffee person, try a hot tea, and vice-versa. Who knows, it might become your new norm.

Try a new food. Take advantage of all the amazing restaurants that Boone and the surrounding areas have to offer. Try a new restaurant in the area or try something different on the menu of your favorite restaurant. Second semester can be all about trying new things, including food!

Visit a friend at another university or college. You always make that promise to go visit your friend at another college, this semester, actually do it! It’s fun exploring a new campus and see what their college life is about.

Blog. Start a blog about your adventures while in college. People actually read these things! It’s a great way to reflect on what you have done and what you want to do in the future.

Jump in Duck Pond.  But don’t go jumping into duck pond without permission. App State offers students and members of the community a chance to jump in Duck Pond every year for a small fee that benefits a charity. However, there is a twist, its called the Polar Plunge, so the water may be a tad cold!

Go to a Basketball game. Although Mountaineer football may be over, Appalachian still has many other sporting events to enjoy throughout the year including basketball games! Enjoy an App State basketball game and you may win some free stuff while you are there!

Play and Intramural or Club Sport. If it was hard for you to get involved first semester, take your chance second semester by playing an intramural or club sport on campus. It is a great way to be active on campus and meet new people. 

Inspried journalist who loves to tell stories. Orginally from Charlotte, North Carolina.