This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

If you enjoy juicy shows like Gossip Girl AND dark, mysterious shows like Scandal, stop what you are doing and start watching Riverdale. Buckle up, you will not want to leave your room. This Netflix series is surprisingly refreshing, in a deep Olivia Pope way and keeps you on the edge of your seat with every turn of events.

The story begins as a small town, a place that reminds you of your own. But what the narrator continues to discuss is that every town has it secrets, dark corners and mysterious characters. The town of Riverdale seems safe and simple, yet the first episode reveals much more than what meets the eye of the “town of pep”.

For those of you in your 20s, you hopefully are familiar with a once popular Disney Channel show, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. For me, one of my favorite shows growing up. Good news, you sort of get to relive your childhood because Cole Sprouse is a main character in Riverdale. For all of you out there already intrigued, let’s introduce the cast.

From left to right

Archie Andrews is the series heartthrob. He is a redheaded hunk who struggles balancing his love for sports as well as his love for music. Sound familiar??

Veronica Lodge is the new girl in town who oddly reminds me of a dark Blair Waldorf. Her goal moving to this strange, new town is to reinvent herself from the spoiled, rich girl that once lived the lavish life in NYC.

Jughead Jones, yes that is his name, is a conflicted teen who is always the social outcast. He also narrates the series and was once friends with football star, Archie. A little Dan Humphrey-ish if you ask me…

Elizabeth “Betty” Cooper is brains and beautiful who has a steady crush on her best friend, Archie. After pleasing her parents for so long, she is tired of the “same ole same ole” and steps out of her box making friends with Veronica. Not sure who Betty reminds me of yet, but let me know if you guys have any ideas…

Introducing these characters is necessary because it has so many aspects of Netflix shows we have all come to love and binge watch. Not only does it have familiar characteristics, but Riverdale is intensely nail-biting. The plot moves really fast and so many things change but I think that’s what works best with this show. The continual change gives you no choice but to keep watching! From the love triangles, to a mysterious missing person, to family drama, this show has it all and is waiting for you to binge watch.  

I am absolutely fan-girling over this show and I cannot wait!!!!!! Season 2 airs on October 11, on The CW at 8 pm.

So now that you know who’s in the show and kind of what the show is about, go buy some Halo Top ice cream and enjoy some good old fashioned binge watching.

Sources:

Netflix-Riverdale

https://maximumpop.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/df192c573fa32193b59e…

http://68.media.tumblr.com/9778c8df2f4b741a6b479b41ede432ee/tumblr_inlin…

http://media.cwtv.com/cwtv/digital-smiths/thumbs/2016/11/29/Riverdale-10…

Jaden is a Senior at Appalachian State as a Communication major with a focus in Public Relations and a minor in Marketing. Currently, she serves as  Campus Expansion Assistant for Her Campus Nationals. She is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha and serves on multiple committees of her chapter. Jaden interned with Susan G. Komen Northwest NC Summer 2016 as the Special Events Intern. She is currently a Campus Expansion Assistant and Region Leader for Her Campus Nationals. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her friends, playing with puppies, surfing pinterest for new DIY projects, and taking long naps. Her dream job is to be the next Erin Andrews and work as an ESPN Broadcaster for the NFL.