This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Sunday was Hollywood’s biggest night as the Academy Awards took place at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. Countless A-list celebrities made an appearance in dramatic fashions, whether they were nominated or not. These are our top five favorite looks of the night:

Regina King

Regina King was the definition of simple elegance as she walked the red carpet in her custom draped Oscar de la Renta ivory gown. Regina walked away with her very first Oscar last night for her role in “If Beale Street Could Talk” for Actress in a Supporting Role. 

Jason Momoa and Lisa Bonet

Husband and wife, Jason Momoa and Lisa Bonet, showed up to the Dolby Theatre coordinating in muted pink Fendi ensembles, both of which were inspired by the late Karl Lagerfeld. Neither of the two stars were nominated for any awards, but their eye-catching looks immediately got everyone talking as they walked the red carpet.

Constance Wu

Following her success in “Crazy Rich Asians,” Constance Wu stole the show in the princess-like, off-the-shoulder golden-yellow gown. Although she wasn’t nominated for any awards, Constance still lit up the red carpet.

Rami Malek

Rami Malek was the big winner of the night, winning Actor in a Leading Role for his portrayal of Freddie Mercury in “Bohemian Rhapsody.” Rami kept it classic in a custom three-piece Saint Laurent by Anthony Vaccarello tuxedo and a Cartier watch and cufflinks. Sometimes classic is the way to go!

Lucy Boynton

Lucy Boynton looked stunning in her violet off-the-shoulder gown with black velvet bow accents. Lucy looked like a queen in the deep purple gown, especially when alongside Bohemian Rhapsody co-star and boyfriend Rami Malek.

Dianna is a graduate of the class of 2019 at Appalachian State University where she studied Public Relations, Journalism and English. At Her Campus, she served as App State's campus correspondent and editor-in-chief.