Not Just A Small Town Girl: Meet Molly Gantt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Molly Gantt comes from a small town, but her big dreams will certainly take her places.

Molly is from the town of Taylorsville, which is about a 30-minute drive from Hickory, NC. Throughout high school, she spent time working at her family’s restaurant, Crossroads Grill, which is coming up on its 31st anniversary. She was the student body president of her high school, and those leadership skills have certainly transferred over to her college career.

Whether you’ve had classes in the education building or attended any Greek organization’s event, chances are you’ve run into Molly without even knowing it. I am not over-exaggerating when I say this girl is everywhere. Molly is currently holding the position of vice president of New Member Services. She makes the conscious effort to support each and every Greek organization on campus, whether it is IFC, PHC, or NPHC. Through her position, Molly has the opportunity to help women through the process of recruitment when they are thinking about joining a sorority.

While the task is not easy, “I do it because I like what Greek life has brought to me and I want to give that opportunity of friendship, leadership, and service to others,” Molly said.

Along with this position, Molly is also a member of Delta Zeta where she once served as treasurer and participated in this past year’s recruitment as a Rho Gamma. Molly has also been inducted into the Order of Omega, which is a leadership honor society for members of fraternity and sorority organizations.

Molly is a Spanish education major here at App with a minor in TESL, teaching English as a second language. When asked why she chose to go into teaching, Molly said, “I want to be an example and a resource for others. Education, in whatever fashion, will lead people places.” With her degree, Molly plans to teach English in a Spanish-speaking country, and in the future she hopes to become a principle.

So next time you are at a Greek event, look for the girl with the big smile and the contagious laugh. Molly Gantt is certainly someone you won’t forget.