My Favorite Affordable Makeup Must-Haves

Although I did not start wearing makeup until last August, it has very quickly become one of my favorite things. Makeup has become a relaxing creative outlet and a fun mode of self-expression for me in the last several months, and I wanted to share some of my favorite low-priced, essential products. 

1. 1. Elf Instant Lift Brow Pencil

Woman putting on makeup with a face mask on

If you’re aiming for a natural and defined look, this is for you. Starting out, I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to find a pencil that was the right shade for me as a pale-skinned blonde, but with 5 different shades, there’s a Lift Brow Pencil for everyone. With a dual-ended design, it’s super easy to use and helps you tame or fluff out your brows as well as fill them. Also, it’s $2! BRB, about to go and buy my third one … 

2. 2. Wet n Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

This lipstick is a makeup bag staple for me because I love a matte lip. The shape of this liquid lipstick’s applicator makes it very simple to use, and it's a really good product for all-day wear. My favorite shades are Rebel Rose, Give Me Mocha, and Nudist Peach. 

3. 3. Kara Beauty Poetry of Love Shadow Palette

This romantic pink-and-red nudes palette not only features lovely shades and simmers for your eyelids, but also a warm, gold highlighter and shimmery blush. The versatility of this palette is amazing, you can use it to create a subtle, everyday look or a stunning creation for a special occasion. Out of the several that I have, this is hands down my favorite palette. 

4. 4. Milk Makeup Mini Lip + Cheek

This multi-use color functions as a blendable, buildable blush or a cute lipstick. As a blush addict, I love how natural and radiant the Mini Lip + Cheek makes me look. To top it all off, it smells amazingly fruity and fresh!

5. 5. Maybelline New York Fit Me! Loose Finishing Powder

This powder gets the job done for a great price. Since I enjoy a more glowy, youthful look, I only use this powder on the areas of my face that need a little mattifying due to oil or anticipated sweat, such as my forehead. A little goes a long way, and it helps balance out the look and finish off my makeup. 

6. 6. Rimmel London Stay Glossy Lip Gloss

womans face with stickers

Okay, listen … I have purchased 8 different shades of this lipgloss over the last few years (my favorite is Claridge’s Ruby), and they’re all great. With a pretty shimmer or just a subtle shine, one of the 29 available shades will accentuate your lips perfectly. Also, they are less than $4 each, so what are you waiting for?