Meet Savannah Davis, Creator of Beau Bows

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Won 2nd place in Transporting Insight Launchpad Competition in the Center for Entrepreneurship, and was featured in The Appalachian for the Boone Handmade Market

Name: Savannah Davis

Year: Freshman

Major: Apparel Design and Merchandising with a minor in Entrepreneurship

Hometown: Statesville, NC

Q: What is your involvement in Beau Bows?

A: I am the owner, founder and creative director.

Q: How was Beau Bows started?

A: My senior year for my prom, my dress color couldn’t be matched to a bowtie so I decided to make my date a bowtie to match my dress and afterward everyone was asking me to make them a bowtie!

Q: What made you decide to start your own company?

A: I had taken a small business class and apparel classes in high school, and have always had a love for color, fashion and writing business plans. I decided to take off with it when I saw the need and demand from consumers.

Q: What is one thing you think people don’t know about you?

A: Beau Bows is completely self-run and I pay for everything out of my pocket.

Q: Where can people find more information about Beau Bows?

A: Facebook page, twitter, website, basically all social networking!

www.Facebook.com/beaubows, www.beaubowsforyou.com, www.twitter.com/BeauBowsForYou

Q: How do you see yourself integrating your business into the campus and community?

A: I’m planning a philanthropy event in the spring with Sigma Nu fraternity, and I am trying to start campus events and giveaways through different clubs.

Q: What has been the most rewarding thing about Beau Bows?

A: Seeing an idea that I had take off and seeing that other people love what I do and want it.

Q: What are your plans for the future of Beau Bows?

A: It’s now expanding to t-shirts and apparel. I want to put Beau Bows in menswear retailers and boutiques. 

Laura Maddox is a Senior at Appalachian State University. Laura was born and raised in Charlotte, NC but loves the mountain air in Boone. She is one of four kids and has an identical twin sister. Laura enjoys reading, fashion, blogging, traveling, chocolate, lots of coffee and riding in the car with the windows down. She has a knack for creative writing, doodling and procrastination. Laura plans on moving to Boston after graduation to pursue a career in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Laura loves APP and will always be a Mountaineer fan!