Meet Kelly Krebs, President of ASU’s New Sorority, ZTA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Name: Kelly Krebs 
Year: Junior
Major: Accounting
Hometown: Syracuse, NY

Q: What made you want to join ZTA?

A: I decided to join ZTA to meet new people and for the philanthropic, leadership, and personal development experiences that this organization has to offer.

Q: What made you want to run for President?

A: Actually, when running for an officer position, president wasn’t my first choice! During my interview with our Director of New Chapters, she asked how I felt about the president position. I told her I was interested, but I wasn’t quite sure about what it would entail. We ended up having a long discussion about the position and my vision for the chapter. I was both surprised and extremely honored when she called me back and asked if I would accept the position!

Q: What else are you involved in? 
A
: I am also a part of the Leadership Educators team and Gamma Beta Phi. I have served as both a participant and coordinator for the Emerging Leader program, and I have served as a trailhead guide this past summer.

Q: How did your experience change once you were initiated?

A: After becoming initiated, I felt like it solidified the bonds we had already established, and I felt even more excited about officially being a sister of ZTA. I also received SO much mail from other chapters and alumnae groups from all over the United States congratulating us on our initiation and installation. Receiving the mail made me realize that ZTA is forever and Zeta love is all around!

Q: What are you looking forward to most as ZTA president?

A: I am most looking forward to watching the girls grow in sisterhood and through service. I am also looking forward to learning what it means to be apart of the greek community.

Q: What is your favorite thing about ZTA so far?

A: My favorite thing about being president is knowing that I have a huge impact in establishing a long lasting legacy for ZTA at App State.

Laura Maddox is a Senior at Appalachian State University. Laura was born and raised in Charlotte, NC but loves the mountain air in Boone. She is one of four kids and has an identical twin sister. Laura enjoys reading, fashion, blogging, traveling, chocolate, lots of coffee and riding in the car with the windows down. She has a knack for creative writing, doodling and procrastination. Laura plans on moving to Boston after graduation to pursue a career in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Laura loves APP and will always be a Mountaineer fan!