This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Read about this week’s Campus Cutie as he talks about his upcoming internship with AmWINS Insurance Brokerage and Markel Insurance Carrier this summer! 

Hometown: Raleigh
Major: Risk Management & Insurance
Year in School: Junior
Hobbies: Traveling, Ice Hockey, skiing, boating 

Q: What made you want to pursue a degree RMI.A: Liberty Mutual Insurance selected me as one of a few across the nation to fly to Boston and learn about their industry.  It was my first big opportunity to learn how enjoyable and lucrative a career in insurance can be. 

Q: What about NAPSLO made you want to apply for this particular internship?A: It’s a great opportunity to explore and learn the entire process of evaluating and placing business in the insurance industry. On top of a salary, all of my living expenses, housing, and car will be paid for. 

Q: What are you most excited about with this internship?A: Because Tampa is on the Gulf of Mexico, I’ll have the opportunity to work on my upper thigh tan.

Q: Who has been your support system through your college career?A: As cliche as it is… My family and friends. Both my parents own their own businesses so they have infinite  advice on how to professionally conduct myself. And because I’m so competitive, my friends keep me motivated to better myself academically and physically. But most of all my brother and sister, Nick and Sarah, are always there to remind me of any flaws or shortcomings I have.  

Q: You’re gong to have to put your best foot forward with this internship. What would you say is your best quality?A: Probably my ability to communicate. I’ve learned how to express to others what I think and want from a situation. Without sharing what you are hoping for, you can’t ever favorably influence an outcome. 

Q: Work and internships can build stress up, what do you like to do to unwind?A: I’d say exercising is directly correlated to my sanity. Also, I enjoy going to Tapp Room, Klondike, and occasionally Parthenon for a their delectable lemonades

Q: What are some things you want to do in Tampa during your spare time?A: I’m hoping to a bunch of boating and beaching.

Q:  If you could pick a dream job and city, what would it be?A: I’d say my dream job would be a yacht co-captain. I want to sail the world, but hire someone to drive while I tan, eat, and drink. 

Q: What is some actual college life advice you have for undergrads?A: Work hard, play harder. Partying and not doing work is fun… But partying after you’ve done your work on Bourbon Street in New Orleans while skipping a week of school is a lot more fun. 

Q: What has been one of the best experiences you’ve had at Appalachian?A: The people I’ve met have shaped who I’ve become. I’ve met so many people from Trust fund babies to immigrants working with zero disposable income; and folks from the Dean’s office to student conduct and Boone PD. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience thus far. 

Inspried journalist who loves to tell stories. Orginally from Charlotte, North Carolina.