“Love Yourself” in Girl Form

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve blasted “Love Yourself” in my car, in my room, in the shower, etc. I know all of the words by heart and I’m sure a majority of middle aged Americans do as well.

However, have any of you researched the girls replies to this song? Different versions are all over YouTube and they are pretty hysterical.

My favorite version goes like this:

“My daddy gon’ kill you when he hears this song, he knows that you lied to me he’s glad to see you gone, you’re just so messed up in your mind you cannot see what’s inside mine and now I know, I’m better sleepin on my own”

A little crazy? Yeah. Very catchy? Also yes.

Yo Preston and Kelly Kiara sing a duet with that chorus and it’s bomb.

These girls are harsh but comeback songs like this are my absolute favorite. These songs give the ladies a change to turn the blame around and tell the male writers how THEY feel about the situation at hand.

Could we get a Selena Gomez/Justin Bieber response video please??

Sources:

https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Yo-Preston-feat-Kelly-Kiara/Love-Yours…

Carlin is a senior at Appalachian State University pursuing a degree in Public Relations and English. She is a Bachelor and One Tree Hill fanatic who is passionate about chocolate frosties and Chipotle. Her dream job is to be a sports reporter for ESPN.