With so many lipstick brands on the market these days, it's hard to pick which one to buy. We've reviewed two of the most popular brands on the market right now: Kylie Jenner and Jeffree Star!
Kylie Jenner Lipstick Review:
As a Kardashian fanatic (only slightly ashamed to admit that), I knew the second Kylie Jenner announced her comsmetic line that I wanted to try it all out. Her first product was the infamous Kylie Lip Kit, which includes the lip liner and the matte lipstick. I was a little apprehensive to purchase this product because I absolutely hate lipstick and lip gloss. I don't like the stickiness of the gloss and I don't like how most lipsticks only stay on for about an hour or until after I try to eat or drink something.
I finally broke down and decided I had to have it. After days of waiting until a restock, I was on the site almost as soon as they were loaded up on the site. I had been debating colors and shades in the time leading up and finally fell in love with Posie K. It looked like a dark, rosy pink in the picture. I got the full lip kit, which costed $29 without shipping. After adding shipping in, I paid about $38.
Anxiously waiting for my Kylie lip kit, it felt like an eternity until it finally was delivered. I did order it around Easter time, so the holiday delayed my delivery. When I finally got it, I was ecstatic. So here is my review:
- It isn't sticky.
- This is a huge pro for me because like I stated before, I hate sticky things on my lips, so this lip kit was perfect for me.
- It lasts all day.
- I can put this lipstick on at 8 a.m. and it will stay until I take my makeup off at night. It doesn't matter how much I eat or drink that day, that lipstick is not going anywhere.
- I use a makeup wipe to take my makeup off at night, and the lip stick only comes off after a vigorous scrub with a makeup wipe. Just don't get stray marks on the skin surrounding your lips because that will be very difficult to fix when the lipstick dries.
- Bang for your buck.
- I wear this lipstick practically every day, and I still have so much of it left.
- It is easy to apply.
- I got the lip kit after Kylie had worked out the kinks on the applicators, so my lipstick applies like a dream.
- Since I have very little background in lipstick application, I was terrified of messing it up the first few times I applied it, but it was super easy and it looked great.
- The lip liner.
- While the lip liner is a great quality and I do love it, what you get is what you get. There is no way to get more product by screwing it up or sharpening it after you use up everything in the tip of the liner (as far as I know), so you don't get very much use out of it.
- You can only buy it online.
- Kylie Cosmetics is her own line right now, which means no stores carry it and you can only get it through her website. I really hope it isn't too long until she puts it in stores like Sephora.
- It sells out so fast.
- I waited for what seemed like forever before I could get my hands on a lip kit. She has been better about restocking in larger volumes lately, but the best colors still sell out quite often.
- The true color depends on your skin tone.
- I feel like this is the case with pretty much anything, but the color in the picture on the website looked a lot lighter than the actual color when I put it on. I have very little pigment in my lips, so they are not very dark on their own. When I put the lipstick on, the color looks darker. My friends with more pigment in their lips get the color almost exactly like the one on the website, so it really depends on the pigment level of your lips.
I don't have many bad things to say about my Kylie Jenner lip kit. It was one of the best makeup purchases I have made to date, and I really love the lightweight feel and long lasting look that this lipstick provides. 10/10 would reccommend to anyone on the fence about buying it. I can't wait to try her new Kyshadow pallet!
Seriously, do yourself a favor and just get this lipstick. https://www.kyliecosmetics.com/
Jeffree Star Lipstick Review:
I had heard a lot of drama on Twitter with Jeffree Star’s beauty line – from him calling out others in the business like Kylie Jenner - which is what made me check out his brand.
Jeffree Star’s prices are a lot cheaper than Kat Von D's, who is also a big name in the lipstick business. I fell in love with the lipstick color Unicorn Blood the moment I saw it on his website. I read up on the reviews of the lipstick, and since his prices are better than other’s, I decided to purchase it.
- It's cheaper than Kat Von D and just slightly more expensive than Kylie's matte singles.
- Jeffree Star's lipsticks are $18 compared to Kat's $20.
- The shipping on Jeffree Star's lipstick is cheaper than Kylie's so overall you'll pay less.
- Color is very true to the picture.
- The color of the lipstick is very true to the pictures. It’s a deep, dark red that’s perfect for the fall and winter.
- My lips are naturally very dark so the color, of course, will depend on the pigment of your lips.
- The applicator is great!
- Jeffree Star was one of the first people to call out Kylie Jenner's lipstick wand malfunction where the brush had been frayed.
- This brush doesn’t get clumpy and it applies smoothly. The applicator is also long which makes it easier to apply.
- This lipstick stays on FOREVER!
- No matter what I eat or drink, the lipstick stays on, even without setting spray.
- The whole line is cruelty-free!
- From their website: "Makeup is for humans, not animals. We have also researched our manufactures and know 100% they don’t affiliate or get ingredients from places that are not cruelty-free! Our makeup is manufactured in Los Angeles with no imported ingredients."
- You get a lot of product for your money.
- I was concerned that since it was cheaper, that I wouldn’t be getting the most use out of it like I would others. However, this is not the case. The bottle seems to be bigger than Kylie's and Kat Von D's lipsticks.
- You can only get it online.
- Sorry, you can’t get this product at Ulta or Sephora like you can Kat's lipstick. You can only order it off Jeffree Star’s website which means you have to pay shipping. Fortunately, the shipping costs aren’t high and it ships quickly! I got mine within 5 days of ordering.
- It sells out fast.
- This only means it’s super popular, right? The easiest way to get this product when it’s in stock is by following Jeffree Star on social media. He gives fans advanced notice when a product is going to be restocked.
- Unlike Kylie Jenner's lipstick, Jeffree Star's dont sell out within the hour. They're normally available for a couple days after a restock, and some colors hardly ever run out of stock. You'll also not have to worry about someone stealing your Jeffree Star lipstick off your porch when it's delivered like you would Kylie's.
I HIGHLY reccomend this product to anyone looking for a good lipstick, and if you don't want to give more money the Kardashian clan! 10/10 would recommend.
You can order your Jeffree Star lipstick through his website: http://jeffreestarcosmetics.com/