It’s Only A Bad Day – 10 Verses of Hope

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

We all have those bad days where we feel like nothing is going right and the world is against us. We all have bad things happen to us; things that make us ask “Why me?”, “Why now?,” and “What did I do to deserve this?”

Keeping your faith and hope alive during times of trial and tribulation is extremely difficult. So, whenever you’re having a bad day or an unexpected obstacle has been put into your life, here are a few verses you can turn to in order to keep faith.

1 Corinthians 10:13 – No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Psalm 34:18 – The lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalm 61:2 – From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Hebrews 11:1 – Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Matthew 14:30-31 – But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, “Lord, save me.” Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”

James 1:5-8 – If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

2 Corinthians:9-10 – But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Psalm 46:1-3 – God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. “Selah”.

Exodus 14:14 – The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still.

And lastly, my personal favorite:

James 1:2-4 – Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

During cloudy days, remember that the sun WILL shine again. If you are hit with an unexpected change, obstacle, or heartbreak, remember that the Lord is still on your side if only you allow him to be.

It’s a bad day, not a bad life. 

Links:

http://www.ask.com/world-view/many-times-did-jesus-fall-carrying-cross-f…

http://www.derekleman.com/2015/03/10/faith-messiahs-faithfulness-part-1/

Carlin is a senior at Appalachian State University pursuing a degree in Public Relations and English. She is a Bachelor and One Tree Hill fanatic who is passionate about chocolate frosties and Chipotle. Her dream job is to be a sports reporter for ESPN.