Big 3 Astrology?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Big 3 Astrology?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media

I Lived by my horoscope for a week: Here’s What I FOund

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

I never paid much attention to my zodiac sign or followed my horoscope, but I often wonder if it’s accurate or not. I decided to follow my daily horoscope for a week to see what I could find. It may help to know that I am a Gemini Sun, Virgo Rising, and Aries Moon. And although I don’t know a lot about what that means, I thought this exercise might give me more of an understanding. I used the Futurio app to read my daily horoscope and this is what I found!

MONDAY, OCTOBER 31

Percentages: Overall: 60% Love: 63% Career: 72% Mood: 47%

Horoscope reading:

“You might have some new responsibilities today. This could put you under extreme stress, and you might feel overwhelmed at first. But you will be given a chance to turn everything around and make it work to your advantage. You will learn to prioritize things and control your emotions. Remain responsible and work hard to achieve your goals. Today will also be full of entertainment and social events–you should definitely plan to attend some. Attracting new people into your life will bring positive emotions and be helpful in the long run.”

I thought this reading was interesting because, not today specifically, but this semester I have taken on a lot of new responsibilities and it has been overwhelming at times. I do feel that I see these responsibilities as great opportunities instead of burdens. I have tried to prioritize these responsibilities because they bring positivity into my life and remind me that I am worthy. When I feel negative emotions, I try to focus my energy on the things in my life that I’m passionate about and that’s how I feel I achieve my goals. The last part of this reading is exciting to me because sometimes I isolate myself, but the idea of meeting new people and connecting with them always brings me joy.

Daily Affirmation: “I am in control of my emotions.” 

This affirmation proved to be important to me today because of the start of my menstrual cycle. My emotions are always intense during this time and it was helpful to know that I am in control of myself and the way I react to how I feel.

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 1

Percentages: Overall: 82% Love: 85% Career: 89% Mood: 71%

Horoscope reading:

“We often miss out on the odds to turn our lives around. Or stubbornly ignore them. But you’re one of these children of fortune who always gets a second chance in life. You are getting to a new level, and some wonderful opportunities are coming your way. Don’t miss them out! Of course, there is no need to rush into the deep end. Think it over, weigh the pros and cons. What is your intuition telling you? Listen to your inner voice–it never lets you down.”

I can resonate with this reading today because of the wonderful opportunities that I have been able to take advantage of recently. I reached out to a publication for a news internship and after an interview, I got the position for the next semester. I don’t feel like it is a coincidence that my career percentage is the highest because that has been what I have been prioritizing recently and it seems like the only aspect of my life that is going exceptionally well. 

Daily Affirmation: “Right at this moment, I am attracting a perfect career into my life.”

This affirmation is great for me because this is an area in my life where I currently have a lot of confidence, so telling this to myself will help further what I believe my abilities are.

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Percentages: Overall: 75% Love: 83% Career: 91% Mood: 50%

Horoscope Reading: 

“Be sure to show some kindness to your neighbors, even if you haven’t been getting along lately. It’s important to eliminate any hostility in your environment because the possibility of a romantic relationship lies ahead today, and you want to put your best foot forward. In addition, one of your long-held ambitions will be realized and will unlock new opportunities for you. The more you know, the better your decision regarding your next career step will be, so seek more information from the people around you. They may think you are being nosy, however, just be a good friend and offer something in return, like a meal for a favor.”

This reading didn’t resonate with me as much because I feel like I over-apologize for things so I don’t let hostility go on for too long and there’s none in my life right now. I don’t foresee a romantic relationship anytime soon, but I do try to learn new things from the people that I meet.

Daily Affirmation: “Being successful at work is easy for me.”

I think this is a good affirmation for me currently because I have an interview coming up at the end of this week.

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3

Percentages: Overall: 69% Love: 68% Career: 53% Mood: 84%

Horoscope Reading: 

“Be careful with money–unreasonable spending is quite possible. You might get fascinated with great shopping opportunities today, but later you will feel a kind of shopping hangover. You might realize that you should have bought something else, and, by the way, the best prices are still ahead. Turn your thoughts to a spiritual department. This day calls you to dedicate some time to your loved ones. The more you give today, the more you will get back in the future.”

This is pretty accurate because I do have to be careful about what I spend and I think I have been getting carried away lately. I often buy things that I may not necessarily need and then I regret it later. I will be spending time with my loved ones soon because I am going home to see my family tomorrow. 

Daily Affirmation: “Time is my most valuable asset. I am careful about how I spend it.”

This affirmation is important to me because I do try to make the most of my time and make sure I am staying productive.

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4

Percentages: Overall: 56% Love: 54% Career: 61% Mood: 57%

Horoscope Reading:

“You may feel worried about some changes that are occurring. There may be an unpleasant situation at work or an argument with some of your loved ones. Try to be patient and avoid conflicts. If you cannot find a solution to your problems, it might help you to try to look at the situation from the other person’s perspective. Complete old projects by the end of the day and spend the evening with your closest friends or family members. Stay true to yourself and trust your intuition–it will help you to make some profitable investments or maybe even start your own business.”

I found this reading interesting because I do currently have conflict in my life. Not necessarily with another individual, but with an institution that I feel is going against its original values. I am having a hard time accepting that the original values, with which I aligned myself, are not the same as what I thought. I am trying to stay true to myself and what I believe is right regardless of the situation.

Daily Affirmation: “Challenges can bring to the surface the best in me.”

I feel like this is the most important affirmation for me because, with my anxiety, sometimes it’s hard for me not to feel threatened by challenges coming my way, but whenever I overcome those challenges, I feel like I have learned something new. I think that challenges are just another step to personal growth, whether it be physical, mental, or emotional.

Overall, from this week’s logging of my daily horoscopes, I have learned that there is normally something in each reading that can be applied to my life. It may have been me reading too far into things, and some days’ readings were more applicable than others, but it was still interesting to see if the readings related to how I was feeling.

Madison Lipe

App State '23

Hi! I'm a senior journalism major here at App State with a minor in marketing. I'm from Denver, NC, which is a suburb outside of Charlotte, NC. I enjoy writing lifestyle pieces and I've been writing for HerCampus for three years.