kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How I’m Surviving the Summer Without My Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

With the end of the school year approaching, we’re preparing for finals, preparing for summer work, and preparing to leave Boone. Exciting right? BUT. What about all those great friends you made throughout the year? The people who started as acquaintances then became some of your greatest friends? What will you do, when you leave for the summer – back home to wherever you’re from – and put the friendships you’ve made on pause till you come back?

I am a freshman from Montana. I know what you’re thinking. How in the world did I find out about Appalachian? Long story short, I have family in Charlotte, went on an adventure and started school here last fall and haven’t looked back once. The people that I’ve met at App have all impacted my life in ways that I can’t imagine. Each have given me a new perspective on life and challenged me to grow into a greater individual than I was before. I’ve had SO much fun this year and made memories that I won’t ever forget but I couldn’t have done any of that without the wonderful people I’ve met this year. 

Now that summer is approaching and I’m getting ready to go back home, I’m sitting here thinking, what am I going to do with out these awesome people that I’ve grown so much with in the past year? So, I plan on keeping in such great contact with those friends that who knows, maybe it’ll turn into one of those ‘Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants’ sort of deals by the end of the summer.

Hopefully the three months should go by fast, but not too fast of course, and these ladies should expect a phone call, or Face Time, or a text at least once a day. And I also plan on sending packages and gifts – authentic to Montana of course. Keeping in touch and communicating is one of the most important aspects to staying close with your friends, so it only makes sense!

At the end of the day, I know each of these awesome people have my back no matter how far apart we are. Throughout the sumer we’ll grow even more as individuals and have great, exciting stories to share when we come back. We’ll be sure to enjoy every last minute of the last couple of weeks we have of our first year as college students and know that we started out scared and alone, but grew together and conquered our first year.