Hometown or  Boonetown? Where I’d take Joey from The Bachelor  

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

I can’t remember the last time I was invested in a Bachelor, or that I ever was in the first place. This all changed when Joey Graziadei got his heart broken on Charity Lawson’s season of The Bachelorette, thus crowning him the season 28 Bachelor. Bachelor Nation can’t get enough of the tennis instructor’s twinkling eyes, kind words, jokes, and his journey to find love. With hometowns last week, I figured I’d make a list of where I would take Joey on our Boonetown date. 

When Joey arrives, I’d take him to the Student Union and use this opportunity to go into the game room and play some pool! Something chill and fun for the two of us to do and also get in close contact as he’d obviously be helping my aim! I’m just a girl, after all.

Leaving the game room, I’d take him to Sanford Hall, where most of the classes for my major (Creative Writing) take place. He’ll get to see my studious side, meet some professors with glowing reviews of me, and I’d get to tell him that whatever stories I write doesn’t hold a candle to our real-life love story.

Next, we’d hit up Sanford Mall as it’s right outside of Sanford Hall. He’d see that nice relaxing green space where students bask in the sun, partake in relaxation, and play games. There’d be a picnic moment happening with tacos from the taco truck El Tacorriendo.

After lunch, we’d get coffee from Talia’s to drink while we walk down King Street. Of course, we’d have to go to Dancing Moon and get some crystals for our energies! As the walk continues, we’d go into one of the many App State merchandise stores and get him repping our ‘Neers.

Winding down our day, I’d take Joey to see the beautiful mountain view of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Laughter would be shared, as well as, serious talks of the future and if we’re ready to take the next step. In this case, it’d be a yes and I would receive a rose.

Rose acquired, I take him to the tennis court to show him that yes, I can partake in his job right on campus! He’d love that the tennis court is accessible to students who wish to play and we’d probably have a friendly match with people who were already playing. Yosef would give us a 10.

To finish off the night, I’d show him my cute townhome and my room as we get ready to head to Lily’s! Preferably it’d be a themed night, maybe Latin night, but either way, we’d have a good time dancing the night away.

That’s a lot to pack in one day, but for my Bachelor, it’s worth it to show the best of Boone.

Sophia Alayna

App State '24

Sophia is a Senior at Appalachian State University. She is pursuing a degree in English Creative Writing and Gender, Women's, & Sexualities studies! Sophia enjoys writing, getting in her feels, and creating/maintaining connections with loved ones.