Her Campus App State and J. Crew Team Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Cooler weather is in our future and you know what that means: jackets, sweaters, and boots, oh my!  We all know Boone weather is unpredictable, so layers are the best way to take on the new season.  Our event with J. Crew is the perfect opportunity to revamp your wardrobe for fall.  This will be our second event with J. Crew and we are thrilled!  Thursday, September 5, J. Crew and HC App State will host an event at the J. Crew located at the Blowing Rock Outlets.  The event will be from 6-8 pm and this will be a fun way to learn more about our organization while socializing with friends and, more importantly, shopping.  J. Crew has offered us a special discount for our readers who attend the event.  The discount will be 20% off $100 or more.  Attendees can combine purchases to receive the discount.  J. Crew also currently has up to 50% off all women button-downs which are a fall necessity. 

J. Crew’s personal shopper, Jordan Dollard, will be working with attendees and offering great style advice.  There will also be snacks provided at the event.  We will be celebrating back to school and J. Crew will be revealing their new fall rollout.  Jordan will be showcasing the latest fall trends.  Here are a few of our favorites to look for at the event:

Factory Cords

The cords are currently on sale for $74.50 at J. Crew Factory.  They are cute, comfortable, and, most of all, WARM!  These are great for both fall and into winter months.  They come in an assortment of colors that will brighten up any dreary, chilly day.

[pagebreak]

J. Crew takes these three classic tops to the next level with their classic pencil skirts.  These three tops are HC favorites and we love that they can easily be dressed up or down!

Classic Plaid Button-down in Flannel

This shirt is essential for Boone.  Pair it with some jeans for class or throw it over a solid tee to replace your boring cardigan.  Find this shirt at J. Crew Factory for $41.50.

Stripe Peplum Tee

This top is priced at $39.50 at J. Crew Factory.  This top would be ideal for a night on the town, a dinner date, or even a job interview if styled correctly.  

Two-pocket Denim Shirt

We all know denim is popular right now, but we especially love this shirt.  This two-pocket denim shirt is priced at $47.50 and this piece will fit easily into the rest of your wardrobe.  It is comfortable and it matches just about everything!  Pair with a maxi skirt, black or colored skinnies, or even throw a vest over it on a cool day…the style possibilities with this item are endless!

These are only a few of our favorite J. Crew Factory items, so make sure you come out to our event to check out the rest!

Senior Marketing and Management major at App State.