Guide to Going Out in Boone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Whether you’re a regular to the late night scene of Boone or just looking for a fun outing every-so-often, there are way more options for going out in our little college town than most people assume. Places like Boone Deals (www.boonedeals.com) and social networking sites have made it a lot easier for us to see what’s going on during any given night, and this little guide should help you find exactly what you’re looking for!

Karaoke:
Tuesday- Klondike (Blowing Rock Rd)
Friday- Town Tavern (Faculty Street), also offering buzz time trivia
Friday- Galileos (West King Street)

Trivia:
Monday- Galileos. Top prize? Free beer for life.
Tuesday- Town Tavern. Starts at 9:30pm with “fiesta” specials.
Wednesday- Char (Howard Street). Starting at 9:30pm, half-price wine bottles.
Wednesday- Town Tavern. Buzz time trivia and $1 hot dogs.

Dancing:
Thursday- Char, college night admitting 18 and up with an under 21 cover. Be warned, it gets crowded… Try to go a little earlier before they reach capacity.
Thursday- Paoluccis (Water/King Street).
Friday- Char, college night, $5 cover for 18+, no cover for 21+
Friday- Paoluccis, DJ video dancing and 1-2-3 night.
Saturday- Char, DJ starts at 11pm, girls in free all night
Saturday- Paoluccis, Black & Gold night: get in free wearing an ASU football jersey.

Wings:
Monday- Macados (King Street). $0.29 from 4pm to close
Monday- Town Tavern, $0.35 and Budweiser specials
Tuesday- Boone Saloon (King Street). It’s not wings, but Taco Tuesday at Boone Saloon is legendary, $1.25 tacos all night.
Tuesday- Crossroads Pub (Hwy 105). $0.35 with signature sauces
Friday- Klondike, $0.35 and beer specials
Sunday- Macados, $0.25 boneless wings

Music:
Monday- Crave (Boone Heights Shopping Center). Live music with fish tacos and mojito specials.
Thursday- Galileos, live music starting at 9pm
Thursday- Casa Rustica (Hwy 105), live jazz night
Thursdays & Saturdays- Boone Saloon. Check their website for a schedule of bands, and keep in mind that all shows after 10pm are 21 and up.
Friday & Saturday- Primos, live music on the patio with no cover.
Varying days- Legends and other ASU campus venues. Check online for upcoming concerts and events.

Laura Maddox is a Senior at Appalachian State University. Laura was born and raised in Charlotte, NC but loves the mountain air in Boone. She is one of four kids and has an identical twin sister. Laura enjoys reading, fashion, blogging, traveling, chocolate, lots of coffee and riding in the car with the windows down. She has a knack for creative writing, doodling and procrastination. Laura plans on moving to Boston after graduation to pursue a career in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Laura loves APP and will always be a Mountaineer fan!