Girls’ Night Out with Marian Jordan Ellis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

On a Wednesday night in the midst of one of the busiest times in the semester, Marian Jordan Ellis came to Appalachian State University with one motto and one purpose: “Redeemed Girl Leading Others to Her Redeemer.”

MJ is the founder of Redeemed Girl Ministries, an avid follower of Christ, a wife, a mother, shares her testimony around the world, and is a renowned author.

Under the purple and blue lights of Harvest House, we laughed at how relatable MJ was, fell silent at her testimony, based on one of her six books “Sex and the City Uncovered,” how broken she seemed to be in that time, and were given hope and a sense of worthiness that Jesus Christ found her at darkest, most hopeless moment.

MJ paved us the road that led her to redemption and she illustrated how her life changed with the simple phrase, “We were each created with a God shaped hole in our soul that only He can fill.”

MJ isn’t out to push the agenda of becoming a Christian, rather than she is redeemed through Christ and here is why. She allowed us to look into her life, see that she is flawed and human, and understand that we are capable of forgiveness, as well as the value we hold.

As a team, we can easily say that it was an encouraging, inspiring night for the women Appalachain State. 

Jennifer is a senior Public Relations major with a minor in Sociology. When she isn't writing, Jennifer is involved with her sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta-Nu Alpha, is writing music, is making your favorite coffee, stopping every stranger on the street to pet their dogs, probably napping, and giving glory to The Lord for all of the opportunities she has been given.