Girl Next Door: Morgan Coleman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Name: Morgan Coleman

Year: Junior

Major: International Business, Minor in spanish.

Fun Facts: Drives a Kia Soul that is decked out in Polka Dots, loves Llamas, works at PF Changs. 

“Morgan is the kind of person who will always try to brighten your day, no matter how bad it’s been. She loves to make people laugh and feel comfortable and she always knows when to dance if a good song comes on. She’s great and I don’t think anyone can compare to Morgan.”

Meet Morgan Coleman, the Her Campus cutie of the week, and the epitome of the girl next door. 

She’s funny. She’s driven. She’s App State’s biggest fan. She’s gorgeous- and she’s not afraid to make a silly face. 

And yes, she does carry around a miniature Llama figure with her that she photographs magestically. (see Quique, the Llama pictured below)

If you happen to catch Morgan on campus, she’ll begin a conversation by finding something to compliment about you, maybe it’s your hair that day, a cute shirt you have on, or just your face. Morgan is the kind of person that lights up a room- she loves making people laugh, even when it’s at her own expense. 

Not only is Morgan bubbly, energetic, and always outgoing, but she also has devoted her life to a cause of giving back to the community. Morgan told Her Campus that she donates her time to organizations such as the Hospitality House, Samaritans Purse, and Adopt-a-Street. Morgan organizes independent canned food drives, and in the free time she (somehow, we don’t even know) has, she also is a volunteer pitching coach for the North Forsyth Varsity softball team. 

When things got serious Morgan made it clear that she wanted to set an example to others on campus.

“I want to set an example for my collegues that encourages integrity, kindess and holding on to personal values, because…it’s a tough and these four years are a crucial time in student’s lives. It’s important to make the right, ethical decisions. I think some students get so caught up in college life that they forget to make morally sound decisions that could end up being crucially detrimental to their futures. I just want people to be true to themselves.” 

Her Campus asked Morgan what her dream date would be. We weren’t at all surprised by the answer she gave. 

“My dream date would be to eat watermelon and cheese filled hot dogs on a llama farm while watching the sunset.”

SO the real question is- is she single? Of course not! This GND has been rightfully snatched up by her boyfriend, Alex. He is currently a pilot. Morgan had buttons custom made that she wears that say, “Proud pilot girlfriend.” (awwww).

Jordan is a Freshman at Appalachian State working a degree in Communications and Public Relations. She's a member of the Theta-Nu chapter of Alpha Phi, and currently serves as the Director of Target Membership Marketing for the chapter. Jordan is an intern newsdesk reporter at The Appalachian campus paper. In her free time, she loves being lazy with the gent, Lee, and their puppies; Macey, Jack, and Ruby. Her dream job is to be a News Anchor.