This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

November 25, 2016 is the moment that all of the loyal fans of Gilmore Girls have been waiting for. A four part event called Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life hits Netflix on this day. Some may not understand the connection that these fans share with this show, especially the emotional one, but here are a few reasons as to why everyone is obsessed:

The mother-daughter bond that Rory and Lorelai Gilmore share is a relationship that many fans envy or can relate to. Whether it’s the fast-talking or witty comments between the two, their relationship is one-of-a-kind. Even though they seem to be more like best friends, Lorelai also plays the role of a mom so well.

The comments that Rory and Lorelai specifically say are undeniably relatable to college students. As fans, we all know that the Gilmore Girls love to eat and drink their coffee. Nonetheless, when they do eat they go big or go home with an order of Chinese, Italian, and even pizza all in one night. 

Speaking of coffee, wouldn’t it be great if Luke’s diner existed everywhere? If you don’t love coffee before watching Gilmore Girls, you are bound to want to try some after watching an episode. The love that Rory and Lorelai have for coffee is somewhat unhealthy but so relatable.Most people cannot help but love the small town setting of Stars Hollow where it is filled with romance, drama, friends, and family. Even though Lorelai and Rory are the two main characters, the show couldn’t go on without the others such as Sookie (Melissa McCarthy), Lane, Luke, Kirk, Dean, and more. One almost feels as if they are a part of the hometown themselves. We see in the trailer for the new show that things have definitely changed for the Gilmore Girls, but a lot of the core ideas that we fell in love with in the original show are still apparent. It definitely seems like this new show will be an emotional roller coaster of entertainment. It’s also so exciting to see so much of the original cast back.  

So, for those of you who haven’t seen Gilmore Girls yet, you have plenty of time to catch up on Netflix before the end of November. Then you’ll be fangirling over this show just as much as everyone else!!!!