Favorite Fashion Finds From The Atlanta Apparel Market

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

This past week, I had the amazing opportunity to work at the Atlanta Apparel Market. For five days, I woke up at the crack of dawn and indulged in all things fashion as I sold spring and summer clothing lines to buyers from all over the world. While my time in Atlanta was mostly work, I did have a little time to play too. During slow periods, which were few and far between, I was able to explore some of the hundreds of booths and showrooms and make numerous mental notes of my favorite brands, styles, and colors for the 2013 spring season. Aside from learning so much about boutique buying, the most exciting part about my whole experience was that many of my favorites are sold right here in our small town of Boone, North Carolina! Want the hottest brands and most unique pieces for your spring wardrobe? Start with this list of my personal favorite brands and then simply wander down King Street.

Judith March

If you love loud vibrant prints on comfortable sundresses, look no further than Judith March. A brand that has grown immensely in the last couple of years, Judith March is all about that southern preppy style that we have all grown to know and love. Think chevron prints, pastels, strapless dresses, cute wedges, and statement jewelry. Judith March is the perfect brand to shop to add a pop of summer color to your wardrobe. Sound like your style? Find Judith March at our very own Gladiola Girls on King Street!

[pagebreak]

Sanctuary

Two words: urban chic. One brand: Sanctuary. Sanctuary is all about perfect basics like light denim and chambray paired with unexpected pops of tribal prints and easy layers that can enhance the look of just about anything in your closet. Sanctuary’s style embodies a Los Angeles vibe of casual luxury and offers a fresh take on modern vintage. Want an urban update to your wardrobe? Visit M.C. Adams Clothier for all of Sanctuary’s latest and chicest fashions.

[pagebreak]

Ryu

Ryu is the brand I worked for and got to know extremely well at market. Ryu can best be described as bohemian chic that incorporates light and airy neutrals with ultra-feminine ruffles, lace, and pleats. The brand is great for our little town of Boone as it offers a lot of layering pieces perfect for our unpredictable weather patterns. Based out of Los Angeles, Ryu is an up and coming brand that is sure to gain more attention over the next couple of years. Check out the line at Tazmaraz Chic Boutique in Blowing Rock!

[pagebreak]

Ark & Co.

My absolute favorite brand to buy over the top occasion dresses for a not so over the top price shared the booth right across the aisle from me at market. I was able to look through their spring collection, which is the perfect mix of bright colors, sequins, stark whites, and perfect frocks for your springtime adventures. The line is of superior quality and will make any guy look twice as you saunter by. Check out Ark & Co.’s spring line at Lucky Penny on King Street.

Want a style re-fresh for spring? Check out these amazing brands while supporting our small business owners by shopping local! Boone is full of undiscovered fashion secrets. Just look around the corner to find your perfect style for spring.

Brittany Fielding is a senior studying Apparel Design and Merchandising at Appalachian State University. She loves to write, shop, exercise, watch sports, and spend time with her friends and family. Originally from Cleveland, OH, Brittany plans on moving back to a big city after graduation to pursue a career in fashion buying/merchandising.