Fashionable Nail Trends for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

I’m a big believer that every woman should have polished nails. Painted nails complete outfits and convey messages. Maybe you’re feeling a little bold and decide to paint your nails bright red, or perhaps you’re feeling dainty and opt for a traditional French manicure. Either way, nail polish is a must have accessory any time of year. If your fall wardrobe is anything like mine, it consists of warm, neutrals that could use a little pop of color. Here are my top polish picks for this season to compliment your fall attire.

Essie “A List”

If you sport cherry red in the summer months, this color is perfect for you. It’s a deeper red than the bright reds of summer, but has a creamy hue perfect for fall.

Essie “Raisinnuts”
This polish has brown and maroon undertones that add to its rich color.

OPI “DS Opulence”
 Every girl needs a little sparkle and that’s exactly what this polish has. Copper in color, this polish has diamond-like glitter to really glam up your fingertips.

China Glaze “Fifth Avenue”
If glitter isn’t your thing, you might like this color. Though it’s actually deep pink, the brown undertones in this polish leave you with a creamy burnt orange finish. It’s similar in color to the leaves falling around you.

Zoya “Kalista”
Brown may not be your first choice, but this is one of my favorites for fall. It’s a deep espresso brown with very subtle purple undertones. Its’ gold shimmer makes this polish especially lavish.

OPI “Barefoot in Barcelona”
Imagine a big cup of rich hot chocolate. Now imagine it on your nails… Well, more or less, this color is such a lush, creamy shade of brown that it will surely match all the neutrals in your fall wardrobe.

Butter “British Racing Green”
This dark emerald green polish will add a subtle pop of color and a little flair to any outfit. Its deep hues are warm and vibrant—perfect for fall.

Essie “Stylenomics”
If you gravitate to black or navy polishes, you might want to try this color. It is a very dark hunter green with blue undertones. This polish looks black from afar, but up close it’s a beautiful and unexpected shade of green.

The New Black Ombré 5-Piece Nail Polish Set in “Walrus”

Ombré nails have been popular for a few seasons. If you’re a fan of this nail trend, try this polish set. It comes with 5 polishes in a variety of neutral shades, making an ombré manicure easier than ever to get. Plus, if you’re not feeling the ombré look, you still have 5 great polishes to choose from for a basic, uniform look.

I am a 2015 graduate of Appalachian State University in Boone, North Carolina. I graduated summa cum laude with a degree in communication, journalism. Upon graduation, I moved to Nashville, Tennessee to work for my college sorority, AOII. I am currently the Assistant Director of Communications of AOII and Editor of our internationally-circulated magazine, To Dragma. I'm a fitness enthusiast through and through. I love weightlifting, running and boxing, and I am always up for a new workout! I am also a coffee addict with a killer sweet tooth. When I'm not at work or at the gym, you can find me scoping out the latest and greatest coffee and donut spots in Nashville.  I've been part of the Her Campus team since 2012, when I joined App State's team of writers. I was the CC of my chapter my senior year, as well as a Chapter Advisor. I have remained a CA since graduating, and I love having the opportunity to stay connected to Her Campus in this role!
Laura Maddox is a Senior at Appalachian State University. Laura was born and raised in Charlotte, NC but loves the mountain air in Boone. She is one of four kids and has an identical twin sister. Laura enjoys reading, fashion, blogging, traveling, chocolate, lots of coffee and riding in the car with the windows down. She has a knack for creative writing, doodling and procrastination. Laura plans on moving to Boston after graduation to pursue a career in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Laura loves APP and will always be a Mountaineer fan!