Fall Foliage Crafts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I’m obsessed with fall leaves. Every year I wait impatiently for the first splash of new color to appear amongst a sea of green just in time for the arrival of fall. With cooler weather comes vibrant yellows, warm oranges and rich reds that catch my eye from every direction. And lucky for us, Appalachian State is home to some of the most beautiful colors of all. ASU is always pretty, but in autumn it really comes to life!

Last year, to avoid separation anxiety when inside, I decided to invite the leaves into my apartment through crafting! Want to do the same with your apartment or dorm? Here are 4 easy ideas that’ll help you bring the joy of fall foliage indoors!

1.
Last year I made this fall lantern using leaves, superglue, Mod Podge and a mason jar! All you have to do is glue on the leaves, paint over them with Mod Podge, let it dry, place a votive candle in the middle and voila, fall lantern!

2. This blogger used Mod Podge (obviously, so versatile) to preserve leaves that can be used for decoration! This autumn decor idea is adorable and the leaves aren’t posers like all the ones in stores! – Check it out here

3. Childhood crafts don’t have to be just for kids! Check out this link for an academic autumn craft! With wax paper and a few of the prettiest leaves you can find, you’ll have a fall bookmark in no time! Hole punch the wax paper, tie with a ribbon and all of the reading you have to do for homework just got a little bit more fun!

4.
Want a cheap and adorable way to fall-ify your home during autumn? Why not frame leaves! Press a leaf between the pages of a book, and in the meantime, go pick up two old picture frames of the same size at Goodwill or Wal-mart. Place the leaf between the two pieces of glass and then use cotton or linen cloth tape (or duck tape) to secure the edges. Prop this up anywhere in your apartment for fall fabulousness!

From one autumn lover to another, happy fall crafting!

(photo 2 from: – http://www.bhg.com/halloween/crafts/fall-crafts-with-leaves/#page=11

Laura Maddox is a Senior at Appalachian State University. Laura was born and raised in Charlotte, NC but loves the mountain air in Boone. She is one of four kids and has an identical twin sister. Laura enjoys reading, fashion, blogging, traveling, chocolate, lots of coffee and riding in the car with the windows down. She has a knack for creative writing, doodling and procrastination. Laura plans on moving to Boston after graduation to pursue a career in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Laura loves APP and will always be a Mountaineer fan!