The Emotional Roller Coaster of The Grey’s Anatomy Season Premiere

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

So the long wait for season 14 is finally over. Episode 1 premiered last night and it was two full hours packed full of emotions. Shonda did not disappoint. So I’m here to give you the emotional play by play of what happened of the two very emotional hours.  **SPOILERS AHEAD** 

No seriously stop reading if you haven’t watched it. I know it’s tempting but this roller coaster is one you just gotta ride. 

When we woke up yesterday and realized TGIT was back…

When Megan said she had to go back to Iraq because her child was there…the whole fandom pretty much went…

When we all finally got to lay eyes on Teddy again and could finally believe the rumors about her were true…not another Shonda trick.

Then immediately felt annoyed because it’s still not Christiania Yang and that’s all any of us really want anyway. Like come on Shonda you made your point but it’s time. 

When Teddy met Amy and it was pretty much the iciest and most awkward interaction in like three seasons. We were all like…

Maggie: “No your face is perfect” Us: You damn right he is Maggie let him know.

But seriously can we all take a second…

When Teddy & Amy were fighting and Meredith was just standing in the middle like…

When Megan asked Meredith if she was in love with Riggs (Obviously not Derek but…) and she said “I had one great love in my life and he died…” Everyone watching was like…

When DeLuca and his sister Carina were yelling at each other in Italian we were all Arizona sitting there like…

When Bailey said “You don’t know what it’s like to be a a female watching men assert their authority by throwing lethal punches”

The whole universe: “Hey Owen you and Teddy belong together.” Owen: “Nah I’m in love with Amy now. Y’all let that go. We’re friends.” *Kisses Teddy* 

Us…. Will he ever learn honestly? Who cheats on Christiania and Amy? 

How we all felt about Amy when she held up that boys cheek bone and said she couldn’t make it fit back…

When Alex and Jo finally talked and Jo walked over to lock that door you know we all were like…

When Riggs told Meredith that Megan said no because he’s actaully in love with Meredith…

When we realized we may lose another Shepard and the only Shepard that could save her no problem is already dead… 

That’s all for this week but be sure to check out our Twitter page for weekly live tweets of #TGIT and tons of other great shows. Good Luck out there Grey’s fans. 

Sources

All Gif’s are from Giphy.com

Kaitlyn Reavis

App State '18

Kaitlyn is a senior at Appalachian State majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Political Science.  Kaitlyn is the President of Her Campus App State as well as one of the Campus Correspondents.  She's also the president of App's Ducks Unlimited chapter, and a member of Sigma Alpha Lambda, which is the communication honors society, and a member of Collegiate Republicans. She's moved by her love for this country and the way it works. She hopes to one day be a part of what makes it work be it in politics or campaign management and research. In her free time Kaitlyn coaches’ softball, reads, obsesses over her 6 dogs (yes you read that right), and enjoys being surrounded by the people she loves. She hopes to turn her stories into a book one day but until then... "Never settle for bad coffee, bad friends, or bad men."