Easy Braids for Everyday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Braids are some of the easiest ways to style your hair and are super handy for days when your hair is dirty or you don’t feel like working on it. Here are some easy braids that look cute and take almost no time at all!

This first one is just a simple side part to part your bangs back. If you know how to french braid, it should be super easy. And even if you don’t, I’ll walk you through it. You take a small amount of hair at the beginning of your bangs into your hand and part them like you’re doing a regluar braid. Begin to braid like normal, collecting a little more hair with each fold of the braid, making sure the hair you add lays flat against the head and doesn’t puff up like it tends to do sometimes. Keep the braid forward on the head so that people can see it and it doesn’t blend in with the hair too much. You only need to go to about the ear, and it should look good enough to go out in! This braid is not only a good way to pin your bangs back, but it also looks cute enough for things other than just class. 

[pagebreak]

This braid is probably the easiest, since you don’t need to know how to french braid or anything fancy. Essentially, you just take your hair into three parts like you would a regular braid, and braid one of the sections into a smaller braid by itself. Then just braid that one in with the other two parts as one big braid. The smaller braid adds some depth to an otherwise boring normal braid. 

[pagebreak]

The fishtail braid! Whoever invented this is a genius. I know it looks elaborate, but it’s super easy. Instead of three parts for a braid, you part your hair into two. To braid, you just take a small amount of hair from under of of the sides and fold it over the top to add to the other side of the part. And all you have to do is continue this pattern all the way down until the braid is done. If you’re a visual person, Pinterest and goodle have images that can walk you through the whole thing. 

[pagebreak

This one is like a half-french, half-regular braid that keeps from being too boring but is still a simple braid. Just start at the middle of your head, pulling you hair back like you would if you were just pulling your bangs out of your face. Pull the hair into three parts like a regular braid, but just start with a little hair and not all of it. Start braiding it like a french braid, adding a little more with each fold, but being more generous with how much hair you pick up than you would with a smaller french braid since you’re already so close to the nape of your neck. Eventually all the hair should be in one braid and you can finish it out like a regular braid.

Hope all of these help you figure out some cute new hairstyles for your busy days! FYI doing all of these on my friend took me under 15 minutes, so each one individually should only take a few minutes out of your morning routine :)