Do You Need A Mid-Semester Refresher?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Does this semester have you feeling lost, disgruntled, and even a little bit insane? Yeah, me too. It is that point in the semester when Fall Break has passed and we are anxiously awaiting Thanksgiving and Christmas Break, but in between all of that, we have midterms, finals, and countless assignments that make us want to pull our hair out. If this sounds like you, keep reading! Her Campus App State has the perfect fix for you!

Our Back to School Survival Kits are finally here, just in time to give us hope amidst the craziness of balancing our responsibilities and schoolwork. Even better, this kit is packed full of self care items that could give you a makeshift spa day and save you loads of time getting ready in the morning. Let’s see what we can find in this big box of awesome. 

Freeman Beauty: Feeling Beautiful Line

Freeman Beauty launched a “Feeling Beautiful” line that uses fresh and natural ingredients to make products that smell, look, and feel good on your skin. The goal of the line is to help you create the best skin possible for yourself. 

In our kit, we received the Rejuvenating Cucumber + Pink Salt Clay Mask, the Manuka Honey + Tea Tree Oil Face Mask + Cleanser, and the Detoxifying Charcoal + Black Sugar Mud Mask. 

Let’s break these down. In the Rejuvenating Cucumber + Pink Salt Clay Mask, the two active ingredients work together to soothe the skin while exfoliating and detoxifying. The result? A glowing, hydrated complexion to help you look and feel refreshed. This is a must have for those late nights doing homework with an 8 AM the next morning. 

In the Makuna Honey + Tea Tree Oil Face Mask + Cleanser, you get a 2 in 1! The Makuna Honey has healing properties that nourish damaged and tired skin. The Tea Tree Oil has antibacterial properties, so it will help clean out those pesky pores and control oil. 

Finally, the Detoxifying Charcoal + Black Sugar Mud Mask moisturizes and remineralizes your skin, which makes it smooth as can be. Charcoal works to get rid of oil and toxins gently, without irritating your skin. The Black Sugar hydrates the skin to smooth out fine lines. 

Bed Head by TIGI

Have you ever been so tired that you accidentally turn your alarm off while you are half asleep and actually wake up with ten minutes to get ready to catch the bus to campus? No time to shower, make coffee, or even think about packing a lunch? If you are like me, this happens way too often. Lucky for you, Her Campus has you taken care of. 

In this kit, we received not one, but TWO different types of dry shampoo. We could cry tears of joy. 

The first dry shampoo is the Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo. You spray your roots with this magic in a bottle and it will absorb excess oils to make it look like you did not just roll out of bed. 

We also got the Oh Bee Hive! Matte Dry Shampoo. This one is perfect for brunettes because the powder is super fine, so it won’t leave white spots at your roots. This product also removes excess oils in your hair. 

Not only did we get two awesome dry shampoos, but we also got some great hairsprays! The Masterpiece Shine Hairspray offers serious hold with a shiny finish. The Hard Head Hairspray provides intense hold, and the more you use, the harder your hair gets. That is some serious coverage. 

Hi Chew Candy

So, you woke up with ten minutes to get ready and didn’t have time to pack a lunch. You need something to keep you alive until your classes are over. Her Campus, again, has got you covered. Hi Chew Candy comes in a bunch of flavor that will give you a pick me up with 0 grams of trans fat. 

L’Oreal

Fall is in full swing in Boone and it is starting to get a lot colder. Cold weather means less outdoor fun, which really means, we’re about to get real pasty because of lack of sun exposure. Her Campus has been awesome and provided us with self tanning products. They have given us towelettes, mists, and a liquid tinted moisturizer with aloe water in it! Have no fear of being pasty for any function you may be going to, we have you covered!

Steripod

Steripod is a toothbrush cover that uses active vapors to kill bacteria and keeps your toothbrush fresh and clean for up to 3 months. This is a must have for a college student travelling back and forth from home all the time.

This is only some of what Her Campus is giving away in our survival kits! We also received some awesome accessories from Aeropostale, so be sure to check out their denim collection! 

To find out ways to win some of these awesome products, keep up with our social media accounts!

Christiana is a Senior at Appalachian State, where she is an Elementary Education major. She is the Editor in Chief of Her Campus App State and a sister of Sigma Kappa Sorority and serves as her chapter's Vice President of Scholarship. In her free time, Christiana likes to look at cute pictures of puppies, watch Netflix, and eat Ben and Jerry's Half Baked ice cream. She hopes to be a Kindergarten teacher one day, and to be a role model for elementary schoolers everywhere.