Couple Goals: Thomas Rhett and Laura Akins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

The majority of today’s celebrity’s love lives seem unrealistic, especially for the hopeless romantics out there like myself.

I think we were all starting to lose hope when trying to live vicariously through celebrities relationships until famous country singer Thomas Rhett came along with his wife Laura Akins. The two have been on the “couple goals” radar ever since.

Thomas Rhett and Laura Akins brought back the light in women’s eyes and reassured us that there is in fact a man out there for each of us. A man like Thomas Rhett who will sing “Die A Happy Man” about us and make us the “Star of his Show.”

These two are the epitome of “meant to be.”

If you don’t know their story, they have known each other since they were kids, but they did not end up dating until high school.

After that, the two almost ended up marrying two different people. THANKFULLY, Laura Akins’ father intervened and called Rhett to say, “If you don’t come over here tonight and tell Lauren how you feel about her, then I’m going to tell her how you feel about her.”

Obviously, Thomas Rhett listened because after only six months of dating, he proposed to Lauren. They were only 22 and were discouraged not to make that next step quite yet. However, they both knew they were in love.

Even Thomas Rhett’s dad vouched for them when he said, “When I saw them stare at each other the entire 20 minutes they were saying their vows, it’s like these two people are meant to be together.”

Laura Akins has been nothing but supportive of her husband and his country music career, and Rhett also seems encouraging in everything that Laura Akins aspires to do. You can tell that the two just thrives off of one another. I could tell this automatically through their Instagram posts, which you should follow if you’re not already because they are adorable.

Now, after celebrating their four-year wedding anniversary, the two are EXPECTING not one, but TWO babies!

After not being able to conceive, the couple decided to start the adoption process. They soon found out they were adopting a child from Africa AND that they were pregnant with another baby.

It’s safe to say that this little family will be the cutest that we have ever seen.

Sources: http://people.com/country/inside-thomas-rhett-wife-laurens-sweet-love-st…