This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

It’s that time of year again, the time when chocolate and flower sales go up. Maybe you get off from work and quickly run into CVS for that last-minute Hallmark card. Maybe you come home to a trail of rose petals that lead you into a dimly lit room that is illuminated with burning candles and a homemade meal with a Tiffany’s bag at your seat. For those of us living in reality, we might be spending another Valentine’s day alone. If that sounds like you, I have created a list of my top three favorite, cheesy, romance movies on Netflix. Did I also mention that they’re cheesy?

To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before

This is a cute movie about a high school girl who writes letters to all the boys she’s ever had a big crush on. All the letters mysteriously get delivered to those boys. If this movie sounds completely innocent? That’s because it is. As cheesy and innocent as it sounds, it still stole my heart and captured my attention. For a second, I thought I should write letters to all the boys that I had a big crush on, but I don’t think I could handle the rejection letters I would receive in return. If you like mystery, petty high school drama, and a cute budding love story, then definitely check it out.

The Kissing Booth

If cute and innocent isn’t your thing, then maybe you’ll like The Kissing Booth. Personally, I love a good “forbidden” love story, and boy was this full of drama. I love the intensity of this film, all the secrets and twists make this more than just another cheesy romance movie. I mean, did you really think a girl falling for her best friend’s older brother was going to go over well? Especially when she’s breaking their number one rule of friendship. So gather up all your closest friends, this is the perfect drama-filled movie to watch on Galentine’s day. 

If you couldn’t tell by how many times I talked about the drama, I am a huge Bachelor fan. 

Work It

I cannot express how cool this movie was, from the dance-off to the big competition, and hilarious banter. Don’t get me wrong, there will never be another movie to articulate love and dance the way the Step Up movies did, but I have to admit, Work It is pretty cute. The music involved in this movie almost made me want to get up and dance–almost. A young high school student is trying to get into her dream school and has to figure out how to get on the dance team when she lied in her campus interview, telling the interviewer that she was. Classic. So, grab some friends and enjoy this cheesy classic.

I know that you could just as easily watch The Notebook, or Pride and Prejudice, or maybe you’ll rewatch Bridgerton for the fourth time. Believe me, I know these are just your run of the mill coming of age, super innocent, super cheesy rom coms, but don’t skip over them. So, whether you’re lucky this year and spending Valentine’s with your bae or just sitting this one out, snuggle up and give these cheesy movies a chance.

Appalachian State senior Communication-Journalism Major with a minor in Apparel and Merchandising