Campus Celeb: Mallory Patterson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Name: Mallery Patterson
Major: Bachelor of Business Administration: Accounting
Hometown: Jacksonville, NC
Leadership Position: Hunt Seat Team Captain

Q: Can you tell me a little bit about the ASU Equestrian Club?
A: The ASU Equestrian Club is a place for all horse enthusiasts to meet new people and ride some horses! Our 50+ club members range from those who have never touched a horse to seasoned horse show competitors. Activities in the Equestrian Club include social events, volunteering, horse riding/training lessons, Intercollegiate horse show competitions, and so much more!

Q: What are your duties?
A: My job as Team Captain is to organize, manage, mentor, and lead the ASU Hunt Seat IHSA (Intercollegiate Horse Show Association) Show Team. 

Q: How can people get involved?
A: It’s easy to get involved! The ASU Equestian Club is a welcoming group and we love new members! We invite anybody to come find out more about our club and meet our members at any one of our weekly meetings. Information about the club can be found online at our website (http://clubsports.appstate.edu/equestrian/) and our Facebook page (Appalachian State University Equestrian Team).

Q: What is the best part about being involved?
A: This best part about being involved with the Equestrian Club is the friends I have made and the wonderful memories I have from horse shows, riding lessons, volunteering, and social events. Joining the club has definitely been one of the highlights of my college career! 

Q: Favorite part of attending ASU?
A: This is a tough one. There are so many aspects of ASU that I absolutely love! The overall atmosphere at ASU is a very positive one, where most people are quick to smile and will go out of their way to help others. The Club Sports program offered at ASU is world-class and has immensley helped to make the Equestrian Club the great team that it is today. Also, Boone is just such a beautiful town with so many activities and experiences to offer students, especially with the Blue Ridge Parkway is just down the road!