Best Places for Valentine’s Dinner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Trying to figure out where to eat for Valentine’s Day dinner? Here are some places for a variety of budgets to enjoy date night with your sweetie! 

$$

Stay in town and under budget with these classy establishments right here in Boone.

1. Red Onion

Walking distance to campus, Red Onion is highly underrated for their delicious cuisine. Salads, burgers, and pasta dishes are all represented on this diverse menu, as well as great mixed drinks and desserts. Be sure to try to the Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie!

2. Char

Most people know Char as a nightclub but very few know how great their food is! Char has a very classy menu filled with delicious appetizers, entrees, and desserts!

3. Casa Rustica

Boone’s best Italian is located on Highway 105, right down the road from Troy’s. Casa Rustica has a charming, quiet atmosphere that makes for a great place to have a romantic Valentine’s dinner.

4. Cobo

Walking into Cobo feels like walking into a New York City sushi bar. Its upscale décor and moderately priced sushi make for a great combination. Not to mention – it’s delicious!

[pagebreak]

$$$

For just a few extra dollars, these restaurants boast some of the best fine dining both in and out of town.

1. Twigs

I would have to say I’m a little biased on this place. Twigs is my favorite restaurant because you really do get a great bang for your buck. I’m not a huge fan of red meat in general, but their antelope is to die for. Also, their fried oysters will change your life, just sayin’.

2. Best Cellar

The Best Cellar is located in Blowing Rock, right next to Mellow Mushroom. It is in a charming bed and breakfast, and their restaurant is not lacking. I recommend starting off with the seafood sampler, which includes: fried calamari, shrimp cocktail, crab cakes, and oysters Rockefeller.

3. Vidalia

Located on King Street, Vidalia is an upscale restaurant right here in town. Vidalia has great food all the time, but their special Valentine’s Day menu looks incredible; it includes a 4-course meal for $55 per person.

[pagebreak]

$$$

If you’re really looking to splurge this Valentine’s Day, these are the places you must try.

1. The Gamekeeper

I was a little unsure of what to expect the first time I went to the Gamekeeper (not a big fan of exotic meats), but I suggest going with an open mind. Would I have ever guessed I’d eat ostrich? Nope. Did I love it? Yep. They have a Mixed Game Grill appetizer which lets you try several different meats with specialty dipping sauces to help ease you into the menu. Great atmosphere, even better food.

2. Rowlands

This is probably the nicest dinner you can have within a 30 minute radius of Boone. Every meal begins with an Amuse Bouche (fancy terms for a bite-sized appetizer), and includes 6 different salts you can use to season your meal – including black volcanic salt from Hawaii! You will get the ultimate Valentine’s Day dining experience at Rowlands.