This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

As the semester comes to a close and papers, projects and the general insanity piles up, sleep tends to go out the window. Sometimes we can’t get those full eight hours of zzz’s that our young adult bodies seem to require.

Therefore, as a survival tip, naps must be taken, sometimes in unconventional places. Here’s a list of places you can take 20 or 30 minutes to yourself in between group projects or portfolio pieces.

Study Rooms 

Study rooms are generally reserved for group projects with guaranteed seating in the library. However, the smaller rooms that seat “four” aren’t really conducive to project environment. Therefore, the perfect break room. You can book a study room for up to four hours, but you really only need 30 minutes to an hour to unwind and take a quick nap or watch an episode or two of New Girl.

4th Floor of PSU

A less traveled portion of the student union. This perfect nap spot is located in the new section of the union. Comfy chairs and outlets galore. Plus, you don’t have students walking by every 30 seconds and looking at you like you’re the crazy one.

Varsity Gym Dance Studio Benches (Or Benches in Any Academic Building)

Varsity Gym isn’t much of a gym for students, but the benches located outside the dance studio are cushiony and the perfect place to be horizontal with a bit of music sure to be in the background. However, if the sweaty smell of varsity is too much for you there are benches in pretty much every academic building on campus.

4th Floor of the Library

This floor of the library is basically only special collections, another quiet area of the library. The circle windows on this floor are surrounded by comfy chairs. Since the special collections is off in its own room this circle area is a quiet place with the least amount of traffic as anywhere else on this list.

Solarium Balcony

The Solarium itself is pretty quiet, with a view of Sanford Mall and the sound of water from the fountains drowning out any conversational noise. This is, however a pretty high-traffic area. To escape the noise but still have that beautiful view on campus, move on up to the second floor. There is a balcony for the Solarium which gives all the benefits without the student traffic.

The Bookstore

Definitely not a traditional place that one thinks of in taking naps, but it surprisingly is. The back wall is complete with benches for all the naps you want. The placement of these benches keep you a bit more hidden from the public eye, therefore no judgement from those who somehow aren’t as sleep deprived as the rest of us.

There will always be more places to discover to nap at (depending on how desperate one gets), but, luck to those who seek places to nap on campus.

Nap long and prosper.

A self proclaimed pizza making princess. Amanda enjoys eating foods that will possibly take years off her life and cats.