App State’s Surprise Visitor for the Miami Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Ello, Gov’na.

Yes, that is the Governor of North Carolina, Pat McCroy, on Duck Pond at Appalachian State throwing at football in Mountaineer yellow.

Our governor made a surprise appearance to the Miami vs. App State game on September 17, 2016. I’m sure no one expected to see the Governor of North Carolina hanging out around tailgates, throwing a football, and talking it up with local Mountaineer fans. He fit right in with his spiritful yellow shirt!

A few of our Mountaineers got to meet and take pictures with Pat. Here is a student who posted a picture with the Governor on his instagram:

@Cookingwithfire posted a picture with Governor Pat McCroy on his instagram and said, “No matter where you stand with his politics, it’s kinda cool to see your state politician on your campus.” I think this statement is beyond accurate because no matter which political side we swing to, it is always cool to see someone who gets an ample amount of media attention in a place you call home. 

Even the Governor himself posted about his visit to Appalachian State University:

Pat McCroy’s schedule is assumably occupied with all of the goals he has set in place for North Carolina. I mean he is the Governor! He took time out of his busy schedule to “be normal” for a few hours and was able to experience what Mountaineer Pride is all about at Kidd Brewer Stadium!! 

Hope you enjoyed your visit, Governor.

Sources:

Pat McCroy’s Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/GovernorPat/photos/a.10151427370966949.10737418…

Cookingwithfire instagram

https://www.instagram.com/cookingwithfire/?hl=en

Jaden is a Senior at Appalachian State as a Communication major with a focus in Public Relations and a minor in Marketing. Currently, she serves as  Campus Expansion Assistant for Her Campus Nationals. She is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha and serves on multiple committees of her chapter. Jaden interned with Susan G. Komen Northwest NC Summer 2016 as the Special Events Intern. She is currently a Campus Expansion Assistant and Region Leader for Her Campus Nationals. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her friends, playing with puppies, surfing pinterest for new DIY projects, and taking long naps. Her dream job is to be the next Erin Andrews and work as an ESPN Broadcaster for the NFL.