etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Airline and Flight Tips: Spring Break Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Now that second semester has begun, many college students have one thing on their minds: spring break plans. It can be stressful to plan trips and excursions because you always have to consider the cost of the trip as a whole, as well as how to get everyone on board in time to get the best deals. Many popular spring break destinations require us to travel via airplane—but the thought of buying airfare these days is enough to turn us off all together. How can collegiettes plan a stellar spring break getaway without breaking the bank just getting there? You can start by being an airline ticket genius, of course. Just by learning a few secrets to “buying and flying,” you could save a significant amount of cash and still arrive at your spring break destination for a week of fun memories.

• When you purchase airfare online on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, tickets can cost up to 40 percent less than what you would pay on any other day of the week. 
  • They say that on Tuesday, right after midnight, is the most ideal time for flight purchasing. The reason for this is because airlines discount their rates on Monday nights, and only keep the sales going for about 48 hours. 
  • After Wednesday, ticket prices go back to their normal (higher) rates for the remainder of the week. 
  • The weekends are the worst time to buy an airline ticket. 
  • According to a National Public Radio report, it is believed that the very best time to purchase your plane ticket is exactly six weeks before your date of departure, so get on it girls!