7 Must-Pack Items for Your Holiday Travels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

The holiday season is among us (yay!!), and while we are so excited to spend time with our families and celebrate with baking and movie marathons, we run into the issue of packing for extended stays at our parents’ or some other relatives’ house. In between finishing up finals, actually remembering to return those text books we never opened, and saying goodbye to all of our friends for the next month, somehow we are supposed to make time to efficiently pack for the next month. 

This usually looks like me throwing every article of clothing I own into a few suitcases, and praying my mom has stocked up on my favorite shampoo, conditioner, and toothpaste. Lucky for you, Her Campus has made that much easier by sending us our Holiday Survival Kits just in time to pack. Here is a breakdown of all the items we received and why they are essential in your suitcase when you travel home for the holidays. 

Alba Botanica® Fast Fix for Puffy Eyes Cooling Eye-Revive Gel

Okay, we love the holidays because we get to spend time with our families, but sometimes that quality family time can be more stressful and taxing on our bodies than relaxing, especially when our crazy Aunt Bertha shows up and causes a ruckus at dinner. If you don’t have a crazy Aunt Bertha, then I’m sure the stress of finals is enough to make you seriously need something for the bags under your eyes. This Puffy Eye relief gel is just what you need! Alba Botanica® is 100% vegetarian with the best company motto: Do Beautiful!

Tarteist™ PRO Palette

Calling all Tartelettes! We are absolutely IN LOVE with this palette from Tarte Cosmetics! I, personally, am a Tarte freak and I only use Tarte products for my makeup. When Her Campus sent us this palette, I was so excited! The Tarteist™ PRO Palette comes with 20 ultra pigmented eyeshadow shades to create Snapchat worthy looks without needing a filter. Did I mention the ingredients are all natural?! This palette has everything you need, from subtle neutrals to dramatic duochrome shades. You cannot go wrong with this palette. 

Tarte Cosmetics’ Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 

Again, I was so excited when Her Campus sent us these babies! This is my all-time favorite mascara, like, ever. I live by this stuff. I love it because it makes my lashes look extra long without a single clump. The applicator, called magnaLASH is somehow able to reach every single lash and coat it perfectly into place. It lasts all day, but if I ever needed to reapply for any reason, it goes right on like I didn’t have any mascara on at all. I owe all the credit to the ingredients. This mascara is made of a blend of rice bran, olive esters & provitamin B5. 

Being Hand Cream

Being is a brand that prides itself on building women up to run the world, while still smelling fresh. This brand is ballsy, which is why it is so awesome! We received two different hand cream scents from this brand, Salted Caramel and Macadamia and Cloudberry and Lychee Blossom, and they are to die for! They are the perfect size to throw in your purse on the way out the door to make sure your hands feel and smell good all the time.

Krazy Glue All Purpose Singles

Okay, I know this one sounds crazy, but you never know when you’re going to need to glue something real quick. These singles are the perfect thing to slip in your purse in case of a shoe mishap or if your sunglasses snap in half. You are always prepared when you have the all purpose singles!

#ActuallySheCan and Le Motto Tanks

I am obsessed with these cute and comfortable tanks from #ActuallySheCan, partnered with Le Motto. The cute sayings are perfect for the finals season because they are motivational and relevant. These tanks are perfect for louging, comfy studying, or even going to the gym to take your mind off of the tests to come. 

Be sure to follow Her Campus App State on Social Media to find out how you can win these awesome prizes! 

Christiana is a Senior at Appalachian State, where she is an Elementary Education major. She is the Editor in Chief of Her Campus App State and a sister of Sigma Kappa Sorority and serves as her chapter's Vice President of Scholarship. In her free time, Christiana likes to look at cute pictures of puppies, watch Netflix, and eat Ben and Jerry's Half Baked ice cream. She hopes to be a Kindergarten teacher one day, and to be a role model for elementary schoolers everywhere.