5 Ways to Get Free Goodies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

Do you have a champagne taste on a beer budget?

What if I told you that there were tons of companies on the web that would give you things for free in exchange for your input?

Sure, it may sound like a sales pitch, but it’s much easier than you think to get free beauty products, school supplies, magazines, and food.  Thousands of companies use the internet to do marketing research and rely on people like you to write product reviews and boost their appeal via social media.  Most of these sites do require some time to fill out a few surveys, but answering a few questions is a small price to pay for new products and samples that arrive right to your door. 

The secrets are coming out.  The internet is full of survey sites and spam, but the following list has been tried and tested by yours truly. 

1. Word of Mouth Marketing Sites

Sometimes the best way to raise awareness is to give people a new product for free and have them tell of their friends about it! 

Bzz Agent is my personal favorite.  After you take all of the surveys, you are invited to “campaigns” where you write product reviews, post online, and give people coupons for your product.  This site has given away free, full size boxes of Starbucks coffee, razors, shoe insoles, toothpaste, and healthy snacks. The more involved you are, the higher your score and the more campaigns they will invite you to!

Influenster is a really cool site that sends out “voxboxes” full of goodies that match your personal preferences.  Once you get a package, the site asks you to do activities like following companies on twitter, posting product reviews, or utilizing your own youtube channel or personal blog.  They have also been known to send out beauty products for you to test and give them feedback on before they hit the market. 

2. Free Magazine Subscriptions 

Why pay for a magazine subscription when you can get it for free? By filling out one short survey, Rewardsurvey.com gifts you a full year of the magazine subscription of your choice.  You can choose from popular titles like Glamour, Shape, Vogue, and even Wine Spectator.

3. Join the Email List

Do not underestimate the effect of putting yourself on a company’s email list.  Many restaurants including Bojangles, Chilli’s, Panera Bread, IHOP, Dunkin’ Donuts, and Hungry Howies, will give you coupons for free food on the spot just by joining their email list. 

4.  Make Sure They Know It’s Your Birthday

Registering your birthday with your favorite companies really pays off in the long run. Starbucks Rewards gives you a free drink on your birthday, Red Robin gives away free burgers, Krispy Kreme sends out free doughnuts, and Ben and Jerry’s gives you free ice cream. You can also cash in on your birthday by registering with stores like Sephora, which gives away makeup freebies, Ulta gives away Calvin Klein mascara, and Aveda also sends out a birthday surprise. 

5. Request Samples Right From the Distributors

This one requires some patience, but if you subscribe to websites like Freeflys and myfreeproductsamples.com you get a continuous stream of offers directly from big brands.  If you follow the links, it leads you right to the manufacturers site where they give away free samples while supplies last. 

What are you waiting for?  Get going!  You won’t regret it. Every little bit helps! 

Photo Credits

http://www.freestufffinder.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/rewards-survey…

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wrAswNlasa4/TM93KZDINvI/AAAAAAAAADc/9Xj7Ny05-R…(hi-res).jpg

Kendall is a senior at Appalachian State studying Communication Studies and Journalism.  Though she grew up in the Queen City, she is the daughter of two former Mountaineers and has always considered Boone a second home.  She has a love for dirty chai lattes, Grey's Anatomy, red lipstick, and a future in Television News.