5 Practical Things to Ask for This Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

We’ve all been there, as soon as your family asks you what you want for Christmas, it’s like your mind goes blank. Everything you’ve ever wanted suddenly leaves your mind and there’s a feeling of panic. We’ve all had at least one Christmas that has rolled around, and due to an unclear wishlist, you might not have gotten exactly what you’d hoped for.

As always, never fear! Her Campus has you covered! Here are 5 things to ask for this Christmas that you will actually use!

1. A Planner.

Simple, practical, and timely! Most planners are done by December anyways, and by asking for one for Christmas, you can kick off the New Year the right way! 

2. Monthly Subscriptions.

This is the gift that keeps on giving…every month! Subscriptions like Birchbox, or even to magazines are great because you’ll continue to recieve a gift each month for the rest of the year. Don’t be afraid to ask for Netflix subscriptions either! Netflix and Chill anyone?

3. Professional Clothes.

Yes, sadly, it is coming time for us to enter the adult world. To save yourself the hassle and money, ask your parents for a nice blazer or some clothes to wear to the office. Chances are, your folks totally have professional style covered. Just make sure mom knows shoulder pads are totally out.

4. iPad or Tablet 

This one may be more pricey, but tablets are awesome for the busy college gal. The tablet style computer translates well into the professional world for an extremely portable interface, best for meetings and on-the-go-days! For now, a tablet is the easiest thing to take quick notes on in class, or to keep on hand for simple projects and emails. 

5. Something to treat yourself. 

Finally, we all know how stressful life can get. Ask for something that you can use to treat yourself! The Her Campus team suggests gift cards to nail salons close to your campus. Sometimes, when you’re having a bad day, a set of gel nails can fix all. It’s never bad to ask for gift cards to your favorite bakeries, or cafes either!

Now get to making that wishlist!

Jordan is a Freshman at Appalachian State working a degree in Communications and Public Relations. She's a member of the Theta-Nu chapter of Alpha Phi, and currently serves as the Director of Target Membership Marketing for the chapter. Jordan is an intern newsdesk reporter at The Appalachian campus paper. In her free time, she loves being lazy with the gent, Lee, and their puppies; Macey, Jack, and Ruby. Her dream job is to be a News Anchor.