Style > Beauty

5 BEAUTY TRENDS YOU NEED TO TRY IN 2024

Updated Published

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

It’s time to think about new beauty trends, bestie! Personally, I revel in the excitement of scrolling through my favorite style accounts, exploring the unique perspectives of micro-influencers, and, of course, devouring every beauty insight offered by Her Campus. Among this myriad of inspirations lies the key to decoding the upcoming trends – a simple scan for standout colors, hairstyles, nail innovations, and, perhaps most significantly, captivating makeup looks. As we anticipate the beauty landscape of 2024, it’s evident that this year will usher in a wave of fresh updates, building upon the chic foundations laid by the trends of 2023. Expect to witness the resurgence of a balletcore, glazed skin, and a nostalgic embrace of all things 90s. In this article, we’ll unravel the intricacies of these anticipated trends, providing you with a sneak peek into the beauty narrative that awaits in the coming year.

1. MAKEUP X SKINCARE HYBRIDS

While we’ve seen the resurgence of skin-focused beauty for a few years running, I don’t think it’s going anywhere in 2024. It seems like all of our favorite celebs are sporting glowy, glazed skin (thank you Hailey Bieber), but that doesn’t mean looks won’t be bold. In the new year, I predict that skin-focused makeup will be combined with bold eye looks and stunning lip designs to give makeup a fresh edge. As for products that have mastered skincare and beauty, Youthforia and Elate Beauty are definitely at the top of the game. 

Elevate your routine with Elate’s Multi-use Coloured Face Créme ($21)! The product doubles as concealer and highlighter, providing full coverage with anti-inflammatory Evening Primrose Oil. The Blush Balm ($25) is my everyday product that hydrates and protects with essential fatty acids, bamboo stem extract, and vibrant color versatility to nourish your skin while providing a warm glowy coverage. My favorite shade? Definitely Bliss, a medium warm coral that compliments my skin and stays on all day.

Yes that’s right — you can literally sleep in this foundation. It’s that good for your skin. The Date Night Skin Tint Serum Foundation ($48), a weightless, medium-coverage serum boasting 68% skincare actives. Its patented tannin complex melts into the skin for a glass skin finish while controlling oil, offering effortless, everyday wear. Trust me, it feels so soothing on your skin and offers amazing coverage at the same time. While I haven’t fallen asleep with it on myself, I know that my skin won’t hate me when I do.  

2. Pimple patches

For those grappling with acne-prone skin, your skincare arsenal likely features potent weapons such as salicylic acid treatments, benzoyl peroxide creams, and perhaps a retinol serum. A noteworthy addition to this lineup? Pimple patches — currently the coveted skincare sensation of the moment, and poised to continue dominating in 2024. They’re so fun and cute, and personally, it makes me feel a lot better about my skin when I’m going through the day with a cute star on my face rather than a new blemish. Enter the Glossier x Starface Compact ($19), a limited-edition collaboration designed to absorb, shrink, and shield spots. This refillable compact boasts 32 pimple protectors, perfect for a student on the go!

3. WHITE TRUFFLE

Bid farewell to snail mucin as you step into the era of skincare’s new powerhouse ingredient: White Truffle. Infused into d’Alba’s signature ingredient Trufferol, carefully extracted Premium White Truffles from Italy, combined with Vitamin E, create the 2024 skincare sensation. The d’Alba White Truffle First Spray Serum ($26) and White Truffle Intensive Vegan Ampoule ($70) harness the antioxidant-rich benefits of White Truffle, offering anti-aging properties that rejuvenate skin texture and vitality. Say goodbye to fine lines, age spots, and dark spots as White Truffle becomes the go-to ingredient for a radiant and youthful complexion in 2024!

4. SHIMMERY HUES

Think Taylor Swift’s makeup on the cover of Midnights. That’s the vibe of eye makeup in 2024! With runway trends sporting so many bold eye looks, it’s only natural that beauty lovers will start experimenting with different techniques and hues. While the options for eye makeup are really endless, I think exaggerated eyeliner and silver shadows will take center stage in the new year. To try the look for yourself, consider the L’Oréal Paris Shimmer Liquid Eye Shadow Makeup ($12), paired with a bold eyeliner andvolumizing mascara!

5. Ombre lips

The ’90s are (continuing) to make a comeback, but this time with a modern twist. A look that people in communities of color have been sporting for years, Ombré lips — a revamped take on the darkly-outlined lip trend, has been making waves on TikTok, and I predict that this stylish technique will persist throughout the year. The key?  Enhance your natural lip color, achieving the ombré effect by using two lipstick shades within the same color family but with subtle differences. To achieve this look, try lining your lips with a brown-toned lip liner like the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Lip Liner in More Chocolate ($9), paired with a pale pink lipstick like Merit’s Signature Lip in Baby ($26).

Madison Bailey

App State '23

Madison Bailey is a national writer at Her Campus Media focusing on all things style, beauty, and lifestyle. She works closely with the style and lifestyle verticals at Her Campus, including reviews, roundups, sustainable style, and pop-culture. After graduating from Appalachian State University in May 2023 where she was Campus Coordinator of Her Campus at App State, Madison has written for Teen Vogue, Modeliste Magazine, Global Garbs, and more. Her time as Head Writer for The Collective Magazine, Appalachian State’s fashion and culture magazine, sparked her passion for the exciting world of fashion. She is currently working in marketing at Modeliste Magazine where she’s able to celebrate her favorite things; fashion, beauty, and travel. In her free time, you can find Madison soaking in all the beauty that the Blue Ridge Mountains have to offer. Or, when she’s not writing, you can find her thrifting, sipping a raspberry matcha, or cooking her favorite vegan meals!