10 Things Not To Do (or Think) When Talking To A Guy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

1. If a guy sends you something like “Hey”, while he won’t like to admit it, what “hey” means is “I miss you so much. I want to be next to you always. Please go into graphic detail about the day you are having.” Now that you know what he meant, you’re sure to send back a winning text!

2. If he doesn’t respond to your text right away, rush over to his house, because something terrible probably happened.

3. If you ask, “what’s up?” and he says “nothing much”, that’s code for “come over”.

4. If you see another girl’s name in his phone, just delete it because he probably forgot to.

5. Falling asleep on someone while texting is unforgiveable. Stay up all night just in case.

6. If he pretends like he doesn’t know you in public, he’s probably just trying to keep you from meeting his
friends because he knows they’ll try to steal you from him. Don’t worry about it!

7. Boys love surprises. Make sure to be at his house when he’s least expecting you. If he asks how you got in, make sure not to tell him, because they also love a mystery.

8. Make sure to take it upon yourself to meet his mom, because he’s too shy to bring you home on his own. Two weeks in is about the right time to make that happen.

9. One text is never enough. Think of it like a game. See how many texts you can send him before he replies!

10. Guys hate making the first move on anything, especially announcing the relationship. Tell everyone for him. He’ll appreciate it!

If you’ve done any of these things and you’ve still got your guy, he’s obviously a keeper (or whipped). But let’s just say that these are all DON’Ts, okay ladies? Keep it classy. HCxo

Laura Maddox is a Senior at Appalachian State University. Laura was born and raised in Charlotte, NC but loves the mountain air in Boone. She is one of four kids and has an identical twin sister. Laura enjoys reading, fashion, blogging, traveling, chocolate, lots of coffee and riding in the car with the windows down. She has a knack for creative writing, doodling and procrastination. Laura plans on moving to Boston after graduation to pursue a career in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Laura loves APP and will always be a Mountaineer fan!