10 Reasons to Stay In Tonight

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

10 Reasons to Stay In Tonight

1.The internet.

So basically, with the vast amount of opportunity that modern technology offers us, the internet is an unlimited source of fun. Why awkwardly stand with your crossbody bag and red solo cup in the corner of some smelly frat house when you could totally be watching cute cat videos? Okay, so maybe you’re not a cat person. Instead, just go to YouTube and search “puppies,” you wont regret it.

2. Food is the most genuine friend you could ever have.

With all of the calories you will be saving by not drinking beer or sugary mixed drinks, you could basically eat an entire loaf of bread instead. Mmmm…carbs. Slap on your favorite giant sweater or shirt and let it all hang out girlfriend.

3. Sleeping is fun.

Most avoid this, but if not remembering the night is your “thing” that is COMPLETELY okay, and we have a solution for you. Just go to sleep! Yep, that easy. No awkward texts the next morning about what you said to that guy in your chem class, no shameful pictures that may ward off future employers, AND if you’re lucky you might even get to hang out with Leonardo DiCaprio in your dream, so who’s losing here?

4. You won’t have to worry about your phone dying.

It happens to the best of us…or actually, it happens to all of us. The dreaded, stupid little grey circle that your phone shows when it has finally given up. Want to take pictures? Nope. Want to pretend you’re too busy texting to talk to people? Nope. Want to scroll on your phone when things get awkward? Nope.

5. Socializing is hard.

Not only do you have to think of things to say, but you also have to smile and pretend like you care about what other people are saying. Out of all the times you’ve ever socialized you know the experience is always 0 out of 10, would not do ever again.

6. Pants are gross.

So all of your totally horrible friends decided to be cute and now you’re expected to wear jeans. Yes, actual denim. You own 24 pairs of leggings and have to pull out the storage from under your bed to find jeans. Essentially, you can’t think of anything more horrifying than that. Can legs even breathe through jeans? No, lets be real—your butt will sweat and they will get saggy as the night goes on. Ew.

7. Boys are strange.

The talking thing again. We hate it. Then, the next day do they text you? Are you supposed to text them? What was his name? Yeah….just no.

8.     If you don’t go out, you won’t be broke tomorrow.

We’ve all done it. Scrolling through our mobile banking app the next day, realizing you paid everyone’s tab AND you bought $15 worth of Cookout. How does one single human spend $15 at Cookout??? The world may never know (you sure as h*ll don’t).

9. Your room has Netflix.

No statement needed for this #basic one.

10. Going out sucks…kinda..until FOMO sucks worse. 

Honestly, it’s just way too much effort, and now you’re laying on your bed looking through Insta and- wait a second. All your best friends went out without you. That guy in the back of the picture is super cute. You’re really lonely and bored. They look like they’re having so much fun…That fear of missing out kicks in.  You put on some decent clothes, and next thing you know, you’re calling a beeper.

Happy night in ladies! (sorta). 

Photo Credits: https://33.media.tumblr.com/2c83ae7daf5fb09122205bf96826501e/tumblr_n76h…

Jordan is a Freshman at Appalachian State working a degree in Communications and Public Relations. She's a member of the Theta-Nu chapter of Alpha Phi, and currently serves as the Director of Target Membership Marketing for the chapter. Jordan is an intern newsdesk reporter at The Appalachian campus paper. In her free time, she loves being lazy with the gent, Lee, and their puppies; Macey, Jack, and Ruby. Her dream job is to be a News Anchor.