Under Construction: What Does It Mean to Be a Christian Episode 1

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.
My YouTube show that I have been raving about since… since I renovated my Instagram, is finally ready to be aired to the world; Well, I am never completely satisfied with my work, always wanting to tweak it and what not, but ready or not, I am starting the show today doggone it! So, without further ado–

Dear everyone, readers, and fam in Christ:  

Episode 1:  What Does It Mean to Be a Christian?

Click here to see video
     What is Christianity even about? Why is it different from other “religions”? Why is Jesus important?  What is the difference between God and Jesus? What is TRUE Christianity????? What must I do to be saved?      These are many questions individuals have concerning Christianity, God, Jesus, religion in general, and I am always happy to answer.      You should know:  Christianity isn’t a religion, by the way the world general talks about it as being a religion.  Yes, some Christians do make a religion out of Christianity, and that is okay as long as it is in line with God’s Word (and often it is not).  But Christianity is more about a relationship with God and striving to get back to our original state (spiritually, mentally, emotionally) as God has created us before sin.  Christianity is the PROCESS of obtaining these things, and thus the acceptance of the gift God has given us while we were in sin and still are sinning and the living in obedient gratitude as result of that acceptance.  It IS NOT an oppressive religion that requires a specific worship routine set in stone and an instant transformation or you get sent to hell.  Yes, many Christians make it seem that way; it is their devotion to God, their love for Him that drives many Christians to be extremists, but their intents [some of them] are genuine and in honest care for you and your soul.  So don’t write Christianity off just yet.  Take a journey with me, and let’s learn what Christianity is really all about.      This is not me trying to convert you.  God gives us all a choice, and thus, who am I to try and take that choice away from you.  However, it is my duty to share the good news, educate, and love.  God said, “My people perish for lack of knowledge.” Thus, because I love you, I am going to tell you what I KNOW, not what I have simply heard or have been forced to believe, about God and hopefully, you’ll be convinced to accept Christ, and we can journey this path together.  And if not, that’s your prerogative.  I still love you, and so does God.      So if you have any questions that you would like me to answer in relation to any of this or on my preferences/what I think about certain things, spiritual advice, or even a confidant/listening ear, let me know.  See my Contact page for contact options or leave comments below. Enjoy MY FIRST EPISODE [WHOOP WHOOP] ! May something I say touch you positively. 
Miss Black America Massachusetts 2018; Founder/CEO of Born to Be Unique Consulting, Ordinary x Influence, and To Save a Life Nonprofit; Author of Myth of the Self Made; Crimson Education Consultant Hello! I am a social entrepreneur, speaker, author, & motivational speaker (currently open to be booked for interviews, speaking and event hosting) with a love for Yahweh (God), life, dancing, Christian Ministry, natural beauty, modest fashion, social justice, learning and education, art, service work, travel, nature, business, a good bargain or sale, and helping people to live their "best" lives by leading by example. Follow me on instagram: @rock_n_rawrrr and visit my website to learn more about me and my work at: www.ordinaryxinfluence.weebly.com