Sub Free Diaries: Autumn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

I had plans to go here and there, attend this and that event, but things did not happen exactly the way I planned.
That’s OK though, because I did get to see Glee Club’s Autumn Leaves concert, which I thoroughly enjoyed. There was a brief moment when Glee Club danced to “Gangnam Style.” I wish I had immortalized that moment forever with my camera, but it was too late for me to do so. Afterwards, I tried Antonio’s pizza for the first time (shocking but true) and drank some cider. Can’t say no to free food.

I was going to attend the Asian Thanksgiving hosted by the China Awareness Organization and the Korean Student Association, but I missed it because I was being semi-productive and practicing my violin. I also sight-read some of the old piano songs I have played, which made me miss my piano at home.

I ended up missing Val dinner, but a bunch of us went out to town to celebrate my floor mate Sue’s birthday. After realizing that Fresh Side would not be able to accommodate all of sixteen of us, we ended up at The Pub. And no, we did not drink alcohol at The Pub. I ordered the caprese panini, which has fresh mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, basil pesto and balsamic glaze. I absolutely love fresh mozzarella, be it on pizza, in paninis, or baked on top of pasta. The panini was tasty but a bit too greasy, probably because of the oil from the mozzarella. It came with a side of crispy, thin fries, which I finished because I was too hungry.
I became quite full afterwards and I ended the day falling asleep to Seth Meyer’s Weekend Updates from Saturday Night Live. I was so exhausted that I did not hear any of my roommate Seewai’s yelling as my floor mate Jaime hid under her bed and kept waving his arm around like the boogie man. According to my roommate, Ike, who was there as well, kept screaming like a little girl. Not a bad day, I suppose.

Evelyn is the Editor-in-Chief of the Amherst branch of Her Campus. She was a features intern at Seventeen Magazine during the summer of 2011 and a features intern at Glamour Magazine during the summer of 2013. She is a French and English major in the class of 2014 at Amherst College. She is also on Amherst's varsity squash team. She is an aspiring travel writer/novelist, and loves running, ice cream, and Jane Austen.