This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

The following article is written by Laboni Hoque ’19: 

Find out the secret spots to grind out all your work.

• Japanese Zen Garden by Webster
    • Yes, there is a Japanese Zen Garden on campus! Situated right beside Webster, this little-known spot is quiet with peaceful nature scenery.
  • Mead Art Museum
    • Beautiful, eclectic, classy in three words. The museum sets up tables for studying, and it’s a great place, especially for finals when Frost desk space is completely full.
  • Lord Jeff Inn 
    • The Lord Jeff waiting room has a cozy fireplace, and it’s a great place to study if you’re coming back from town.
    • Side note: The Lord Jeff has the most wonderful hand towels.
  • 5th Floor SMUDD
    • This room has nice natural lighting, a great view, and tables for group studying.
  • Lecture rooms in Merrill
    • When these rooms are open, you can pretend you’re actually in class!! Who doesn’t want that?
  • Greenway Study Spaces
    • Surprisingly enough, not many people take advantage of the numerous nooks and crannies of Greenway. Enjoy modern décor as you suffer through your work.
  • Beneski Museum
    • Not often frequented, enjoy viewing our school mascot as you study for finals.
Bonnie is a sophomore at Amherst College. Even though she studies statistics, she is interested in technology, pediatric medicine, dentistry, education, and public health.  She spends most of her day trying out new things, like eating an ice cream cone while biking or looking for ways to climb onto campus building roofs. "All over the place" would be the best way to describe her.