Culture > News

StartUp Disrupting Ad Industry Through Text Messaging

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Newcomer mobile app Slam Ad, the App that Pays,™ is out to disrupt the digital advertising industry, promising profits for its users who download the app and host ads in their text messages, according to a recent Dow Jones Market Watch report.

Most digital platforms–websites, social networks, and mobile video games–worry about their users complaining if too many ads appear on screen.  But not Slam Ad, a first to market, digital advertising vehicle designed to introduce ads, discount offers, and product announcements into text messaging. The company’s patent pending technology embeds discrete ads inside text message bubbles and then pays the sender every time an ad appears.  

The users who download Slam Ad want to receive as many ads as the app allows, since they get paid in cash and gift cards to host advertisements in their own text message conversations.  They also have the option of donating their Slam Ad cash to their favorite charity or making a contribution to a college tuition 529 plan account. Slam Ad members can earn up to $50 a month just for sending texts through the app or their own mobile carrier.

It works when there is an authentic text conversation between friends or family. The patent pending technology automatically sends Slam Ad members a short, concise, targeted ad inside the text bubble. The ad contains a coupon, discount code, or product announcement relevant to the text conversation. For example, if the parties are talking about the latest Star Wars movie, they may see an offer for a free popcorn and soda at AMC Theaters.

A mobile messaging advert platform, where the ads themselves are a commodity for the user instead of a nuisance to be avoided, creates an entrance for mobile commerce into a once untouchable frontier. Slam Ad is poised to disrupt the world of digital advertising, and its users are set to be a little richer from the transformation.

Recent Slam Ad Press Coverage:

Dow Jones Market Watch

CNET.com   CNN Money

Miss Black America Massachusetts 2018; Founder/CEO of Born to Be Unique Consulting, Ordinary x Influence, and To Save a Life Nonprofit; Author of Myth of the Self Made; Crimson Education Consultant Hello! I am a social entrepreneur, speaker, author, & motivational speaker (currently open to be booked for interviews, speaking and event hosting) with a love for Yahweh (God), life, dancing, Christian Ministry, natural beauty, modest fashion, social justice, learning and education, art, service work, travel, nature, business, a good bargain or sale, and helping people to live their "best" lives by leading by example. Follow me on instagram: @rock_n_rawrrr and visit my website to learn more about me and my work at: www.ordinaryxinfluence.weebly.com