Shop and Give Back with Born to Be Unique in Christ’s To Save a Life Non-Profit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Hi, I am Shatoyia Jones, 3rd year at Amherst College, Founder and CEO of Born to Be Unique Consulting, and Founder of our non-profit, Born To Be Unique:  To Save a Life.

Born to Be Unique in Christ (B2BU-C) To Save a Life is a non-profit subset of our venture that seeks to build community, heal, educate, and enlighten. It seeks to provide alternative healthcare in the form of research, holistic health consulting, natural products and traditional medicines, biblical counseling, a book club, a blog, and community outreach and engagement, with a focus on low-income and impoverished communities, for whom they provide jobs, affordable, alternative healthcare, and other health support (physical, spiritual, and mental).

In addition to providing for those in need, we validate our faith through service and ambassadorship, which includes but is not limited to holding workshops, events, giveaways, contests, and sending random care packages or health boxes to those in need. We also partner with external businesses, organizations, individuals, and individual projects so as to continue building community and collaboration. We also try to stay up-to-date with current world issues so as to fill in the gaps and do what we can to help from mission trips, educational programs, and donations.

Our most recent projects include but is not limited to:

1. Starting an inclusive and experimental dance company, Abre
  2. Project Cénit, our 4-month educational intensive program designed for low-income, first generational and high need youth and young adults under age 25
  3. Workshops, Community Outreach, and Mission Trips
  4. And so much more, including free services which are open to all! The page has been updated with easier-on-the-eyes formatting and new services so check it out!
  5. B2BU-C Store – an online store selling inexpensive, like-new pre-owned clothing, shoes, and accessories all under $40! We also give 50% (yes, 50%) of all proceeds to our mission trips, outreach, and community engagement work. Check it out and shop now to donate to our multitude of projects that directly benefits surrounding communities and individuals!

Thanks in advance, and welcome to the family! Join our B2BU-C To Save A Life FB Group!

Miss Black America Massachusetts 2018; Founder/CEO of Born to Be Unique Consulting, Ordinary x Influence, and To Save a Life Nonprofit; Author of Myth of the Self Made; Crimson Education Consultant Hello! I am a social entrepreneur, speaker, author, & motivational speaker (currently open to be booked for interviews, speaking and event hosting) with a love for Yahweh (God), life, dancing, Christian Ministry, natural beauty, modest fashion, social justice, learning and education, art, service work, travel, nature, business, a good bargain or sale, and helping people to live their "best" lives by leading by example. Follow me on instagram: @rock_n_rawrrr and visit my website to learn more about me and my work at: www.ordinaryxinfluence.weebly.com