Career

Seeking Side Gigs in Western Mass on Craigslist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.
  1. Don’t Search Western Mass ONLYBe sure to search Boston, New York and DC jobs and gigs as well. Western Mass is made up of small, mostly rural cities. Also, look for similar jobs and gigs in the bigger cities like Boston, New York, and DC where the jobs will be more abundant and frequent.
  2. Use the Search BarNeed to find a job in a specific location? Or a specific type of job? Tailor your searches or insert a keyword into the search bar instead of scrolling through endless pages.
  3. Avoid Getting ScammedDon’t wire any money to anyone, especially from a so-called pre-sent check that a so-called “employer” might send you. In fact, if he or she even asks that you do this, ignore and move on.
  4. For non-remote jobs, Meet in Public Over Coffee or Tea First.At least make sure you have a proper chance to understand the vibe of an individual in a public space.
Miss Black America Massachusetts 2018; Founder/CEO of Born to Be Unique Consulting, Ordinary x Influence, and To Save a Life Nonprofit; Author of Myth of the Self Made; Crimson Education Consultant Hello! I am a social entrepreneur, speaker, author, & motivational speaker (currently open to be booked for interviews, speaking and event hosting) with a love for Yahweh (God), life, dancing, Christian Ministry, natural beauty, modest fashion, social justice, learning and education, art, service work, travel, nature, business, a good bargain or sale, and helping people to live their "best" lives by leading by example. Follow me on instagram: @rock_n_rawrrr and visit my website to learn more about me and my work at: www.ordinaryxinfluence.weebly.com