Review of Meo 7 Cafe in Paris

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Now that I’ll be going to France in a few months, I’m starting to feel nostalgic about my semester in Paris.  Here’s a review of a coffee place I loved:

Meo 7 at 95 Rue Saint-Antoine in Paris is right by the Saint Paul metro stop.  It’s a busy area, but most of the poor suckers looking for Wi-Fi crowd into the Starbucks across the street.  What they don’t know is that Meo 7 has free Wi-Fi, more interesting beverages, and a little bit of breathing room.  It’s a sweet lover’s paradise, boasting a menu of coffee beverages filled with Nutella and caramel, topped with whipped cream and crumbled cookies.  This is the Starbucks Frappuccino taken to the next level.  Or maybe the level above that.  Even better, the drinks come with a tiny little speculos cookie and a square of rich chocolate, just to make sure you get your sugar fix.  This place makes writing a six-page paper in French on Astride Briand and the founding of the European Union feel like a treat.

The little woman who runs the place is a refreshingly smiling face in a city infamous for its cold, fast-paced inhabitants.  She always speaks to us in French, which we are majorly appreciative of after months of having to convince waiters and shopkeepers not to switch to English the minute we open our mouths.

If you ever find yourself in Paris, check the place out! 

Evelyn is the Editor-in-Chief of the Amherst branch of Her Campus. She was a features intern at Seventeen Magazine during the summer of 2011 and a features intern at Glamour Magazine during the summer of 2013. She is a French and English major in the class of 2014 at Amherst College. She is also on Amherst's varsity squash team. She is an aspiring travel writer/novelist, and loves running, ice cream, and Jane Austen.