Official Mascot Declared: Ams Mams!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Yesssssssuh! 

Amherst College’s Mascot is OFFICIALLY the Mammoths! 

What a perfect way to start off Homecoming Week!

Click here to read New York Times’ article that covered our “drop” of Lord Jeff as mascot.

To celebrate, students, faculty, staff, and visiting alumni were invited to the party on the Quad which included a bonfire, DJ and lit tunes, food, beverage,

FREE T-SHIRTS with our new already beloved mascot, and networking/fun times! That being said, if you are an Amherst College Student and haven’t picked up your shirt, take your ticket (which should have been in your mailbox on Friday) and go to downstairs Keefe to redeem you shirt.

I can honestly say I have never had so much school spirit in MY LIFE!

Click here to see a video and get some visuals of the moments, bonfire, and BEAUTIFUL Mammoth reveal.

#TusksUp #AmsMams #ProudStudentofAmherstCollege #ECSTATIC #ASchoolTooCool

Miss Black America Massachusetts 2018; Founder/CEO of Born to Be Unique Consulting, Ordinary x Influence, and To Save a Life Nonprofit; Author of Myth of the Self Made; Crimson Education Consultant Hello! I am a social entrepreneur, speaker, author, & motivational speaker (currently open to be booked for interviews, speaking and event hosting) with a love for Yahweh (God), life, dancing, Christian Ministry, natural beauty, modest fashion, social justice, learning and education, art, service work, travel, nature, business, a good bargain or sale, and helping people to live their "best" lives by leading by example. Follow me on instagram: @rock_n_rawrrr and visit my website to learn more about me and my work at: www.ordinaryxinfluence.weebly.com