My Semester Abroad: Prague Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

Squid’s gon make me lose my mind

Ah hello again…

The past two weeks have been suuuuuper busy with work (lol) and travel (bc abroad life is fake)– so I’m sorry to go on another long hiatus, but I’m back! Currently sitting on the train to Vienna and the seats don’t recline and I’m learning that I’m obnoxious and privileged but all in all quite uncomfortable. Super psyched for this weekend though because I’m going with the boys to Vienna and Budapest and meeting up with the FAM!! The whole squishy squad is coming and I’m so excited to have them for a whole week all to myself.

Kate would be mad at me if I didn’t talk about her weekend in Prague, so here I am talking about Kate’s weekend in Prague. This was 2 weekends ago so I’ll do my best to try to remember all the good details. She came in on Friday and we did lots of fun stuff around Prague and got ourselves some classic Czech-Thai massages in Old Town Square in between walking through the Easter Markets and hiking our butts up to the Castle. Obviously we ate everything but it’s okay because we burned everything off dancing for a million hours at Lucerna that night. Saturday we went to brunch and hung out I think? Honestly not rly sure but if I had to guess we probably did more touristy stuff. At night we went to ANONYMOUS BAR!!! Everyone should go. It was so cool and fun and the drinks/presentations are super mysterious and crazy and involved fire/slingshots/guns at different times. It was sweet and they switch their menu every year, so… 2017 I’m coming for ya.

Kate and I spent a solid 72 hours apart from each other and then traveled to London this past weekend to see Maggie and Nicole! Travel was hectic and EXPENSIVE as expected but we made it and it was definitely one of the best weekends of abroad so far. We got there on St. Patty’s Day and went out to pubs/clubs to celebrate and I ended up with an amazing Irish hat that I think will permanently live in my closet—I legitimately almost cried when the lady gave it to me. Friday we went to high tea and had scones and tea and it was adorable and hilarious and we ended up talking about nonsense for 3 hours all together. Then we went to the theaaahtaaaah and saw In The Heights and were basically apart of the cast because we were so close to the stage. The tickets were super cheap and the show was def one of my favorites. If you learn one thing from my blog, remember that West End tickets are very affordable and a night at the theater in London is SO important. The rest of the weekend consisted of Big Ben, The London Eye, Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, basically everything you could ever want. ANNNNNDDDD Jeremy, Tom, Dom, and Emma were all there! Sat in a pub watching soccer with the boys Sunday afternoon (Shocker.. I know) and met up with Emma at the club Saturday night and naturally made my way to the casino some time later with Kate and the boys. So far I’m 0-2 at the casinos in Europe but I feel good about my next efforts (mostly because it will be with my dad in Prague and I wont be spending my own $10 and feeling worthless when I lose it all) I’ll do my best to update again after everything calms down next Tuesday but until then… Adios en vaya con diosssss. OH AND WE BOOKED OUR CROATIA VILLA AND IM HYPE ABOUT LIVING WITH 18 PEOPLE IN A SICK SPOT ON THE WATER IN TROGIR (I’ll make sure to keep a headcount and adjust by the end of that trip as we weed out the survivors)

Amherst College Senior, Amherst, MA. Member of Amherst Women's Varsity ice hockey team. Hometown is Washington, D.C