Mixin’ It Up: Valentine Mocha

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

I don’t know about you, but there are some mornings I wake up and I just need my coffee.

Sure, Amherst the town has a lot of cafes, but why walk there and spend your precious money when you can use your meal plan? The coffee at Val is meh by itself, but there are a few tricks you can use.

Most of you probably know about the hot chocolate machine. What you might not know is that a splash of hot chocolate in your coffee makes a nice mocha blend! And if you tend to burn your tongue, chocolate milk is a good substitute (or addition, if you want even more of a chocolate flavor!).

For the complete experience, run over to the waffle bar and put a little bit of whipped cream on top. I haven’t tried adding a dash of honey or a sprinkle of cinnamon yet, but you totally should. And if you think of anything else, let me know! We could all stand to mix it up.

Carina Corbin graduated from Amherst College in 2017 and started writing for Her Campus during her first year. She was a Computer Science and Asian Languages & Civilizations double major that still loves to learn languages, write short stories, eat great food and travel. She wrote for Her Campus Amherst for four years and was Campus Correspondent for 3.5 years. She enjoyed interviewing Campus Profiles and writing content that connected with the Amherst community.